Windows 10: Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use

Discus and support Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I want my laptop pc to stay on all day, but in sleep mode. I find that if I close the lid, it goes into sleep mode, as indicated by the flashing light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Grandpa Jim, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use

I want my laptop pc to stay on all day, but in sleep mode. I find that if I close the lid, it goes into sleep mode, as indicated by the flashing light on the side. However, if I return after an hour or more, I find it off, and have to boot all over again. I have set the Power Options to not sleep when the device is plugged in. But I want it not to shut down. Could it be, perhaps, that I must manually do sleep mode but NOT close the lid? Again, how to keep the laptop computer on all day while putting it in sleep mode when not in use.

:)

Grandpa Jim, Mar 13, 2022
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 13, 2022
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Mar 13, 2022
  4. Carbo Win User

Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Mar 13, 2022
Thema:

Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use

1. Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use - Similar Threads - Keep laptop shutting

2. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop keeps shutting down on it’s own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down on it’s own: My laptop keeps locking randomly and i tried setting power and sleep to never and it still locks down by itself so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-on-its-own/493765f9-9b63-4fe1-9512-72372186b4a0
  6. Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use: I want my laptop pc to stay on all day, but in sleep mode. I find that if I close the lid, it goes into sleep mode, as indicated by the flashing light on the side. However, if I return after an hour or more, I find it off, and have to boot all over again. I have set the Power...
  7. Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use

Keep my laptop from shutting down when not in use: I want my laptop pc to stay on all day, but in sleep mode. I find that if I close the lid, it goes into sleep mode, as indicated by the flashing light on the side. However, if I return after an hour or more, I find it off, and have to boot all over again. I have set the Power...
  8. My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down: My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down. I have tried every solution I found online like turning off fast startup and updating drivers but nothing seems to work. I have found the crash dump file MEMORY.DMP and it's almost 2 GB in size. I don't know what to do if anyone can...
  9. My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down

My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down: My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down. I have tried every solution I found online like turning off fast startup and updating drivers but nothing seems to work. I have found the crash dump file MEMORY.DMP and it's almost 2 GB in size. I don't know what to do if anyone can...
  10. My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging