Windows 10: Keep OneDrive without integration into MS Office

Discus and support Keep OneDrive without integration into MS Office in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; One drive can be a very useful online storage mechanism. However currently one drive integration with Microsoft Products like Windows and Office is way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AV2001, May 30, 2020.

1. AV2001 Win User

Keep OneDrive without integration into MS Office

One drive can be a very useful online storage mechanism. However currently one drive integration with Microsoft Products like Windows and Office is way to extensive and not configurable.

Is it possible to have One Drive installed on a Windows laptop, where it continues to upload files to One Drive cloud storage from say Documents and Downloads folder but not have any integration with any MS Office suite of applications?

So if I were to open a Word document and try to save the file, then it should not show me a link to the One Drive. Similarly when I create a new Excel file or a presentation in power point it should not show me the location of One Drive. I will save MS Office files onto the local hard disk, while One drive running in the background will upload them into the One Drive cloud storage.

Is this possible? If yes can you please guide me?

:)

AV2001, May 30, 2020

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, May 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 30, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Keep OneDrive without integration into MS Office - Similar Threads - Keep OneDrive without

2. Can i keep both ms office 365 and ms office 2013...will there be any problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i keep both ms office 365 and ms office 2013...will there be any problem: Can i keep both ms office 365 and ms office 2013 ..will there be any problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-keep-both-ms-office-365-and-ms-office/a2a0083d-f321-4cb5-87b1-6e299ca386ae
  3. MS Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office: How to upgrade Microsoft word/officde from 2019 to 2021?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office/6c6cf6e5-cd1c-4f47-9c5d-c257520afff1
  4. Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Charged for MS Office 365 without asking: I recently decided to take the MS Office 365 free trial I soon found that it was much more than I needed and left it at that, today I received an email saying: Thanks for your Office 365 Home subscription. Your subscription was successfully charged on Tuesday, March 24,...
  5. Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

in Windows 10 Support
    Charged for MS Office 365 without asking: I recently decided to take the MS Office 365 free trial I soon found that it was much more than I needed and left it at that, today I received an email saying: Thanks for your Office 365 Home subscription. Your subscription was successfully charged on Tuesday, March 24,...
  6. Indexing MS office files without MS office installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing MS office files without MS office installed: I need to have MS office files indexed a computer that does not have MS office installed. what tool do i need to install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-ms-office-files-without-ms-office/1d5b5dfb-3a90-48f7-8d21-535777e4fe89"
  7. Removing account while keeping MS Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing account while keeping MS Office: Hi, I recently bought my wife a new laptop and purchased MS Office 2019 for it. Her old computer had MS Office Professional 2016 which, because I didn't have the product key, couldn't be transferred to the new PC. I would like to give her old laptop to a neighbor girl who is...
  8. MS Office & unable to save documents without signing into MS - Ugh!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Office & unable to save documents without signing into MS - Ugh!: Recently after another monthly RIDICULOUS MS update I am unable to save documents to my personal PC without having to sign into my MS account! This is awful - I am not at all happy - I do not want to put anything out on the CLOUD!!!! I want it on my PC ONLY! Either tell me...
  9. Salesforce to integrate with OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Salesforce to integrate with OneDrive: Salesforce.com today announced Salesforce Files Connect, a centralized, universal file-sharing solution that enables enterprise customers to seamlessly browse, search and share files located in any repository—all from a single user interface. We’re pleased to announce that...
  10. Adobe announces Document Cloud storage integration with MS OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Adobe announces Document Cloud storage integration with MS OneDrive: Adobe announces Document Cloud storage integration with Microsoft OneDrive [img] Adobe yesterday announced new Document Cloud storage integrations with Microsoft OneDrive, which make it easier to access and work on PDF files from anywhere New integration with...