Windows 10: "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

Discus and support "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theTrueEnder, Oct 4, 2021.

1. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are greyed out. At the bottom it says "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might be installed in an unsupported directory or you're trying to install an older version of Windows." I'm obviously not doing the latter, and I've never had any indications towards the former. I loo

:)

theTrueEnder, Oct 4, 2021
  2. Ultrax87 Win User

Keep personal files and apps greyed out

I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many important files. I purchased Windows 10 Home and upon installation, the "Keep personal files and apps" option
    is greyed out, but the "Keep personal files only" option is selectable. How reliable is this? Will all of my files (multiple folders on the desktop, hundreds of folders in the Documents, Photos, Videos, Music libraries) be kept? Obviously, my apps will not
    be kept, but will the Program Files folders at least be saved in the Windows.old directory? Any help is appreciated.

Ultrax87, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    What files are considered as "Personal Files"?

Hi,

Personal files includes documents, photos and videos. If you saved these kind of files in D:\, it will be considered as personal files.

If you choose to reset your PC and keep your files, it will:

• Reinstall Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
    • Remove apps and drivers you installed.
    • Remove changes you made to settings.
    • Remove any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Should you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Kris Ver, Oct 5, 2021
  4. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data

I have upgraded Windows 10 every 6 months since the beginning.
    Always with the same procedure.
    I donwload the ISO, click on setup, and let it run.
    At a specific point there are three options:
    install and keep:

1) programs and personal files
    2) personal files only
    3) nothing

this time option 1 and 2 are greyed out.
    It is not possible to click on it.

Happened on 3 different PC, all with original windows.
    All the PC run Windows 10 20H2 64 bits, in Italian.

torrente2008, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

"Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

1. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during... - Similar Threads - Keep Personal Files

2. windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out: While upgrading Microsoft windows server 2016 to windows server 2019, I'm facing issue where the option keep personal files and apps greyed out. Kindly suggest....
  3. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  4. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  5. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  7. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  8. The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...

The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...: Hello All ----------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hope You All Are Doing Great.. So I Was Having Problems With The Windows Update, SearchedOn Internet But Didn’t Find Any Usable Results; So I Decided To...
  9. Keep personal files and apps greyed out

Keep personal files and apps greyed out: I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many important files. I purchased Windows 10 Home and upon installation, the "Keep personal files and apps" option is greyed out, but the...
  10. Keep personal files only

Keep personal files only: Hello, Recently i tried downloading windows 10 when 2 options popped up 1. keep personal files only, and 2. is nothing. well i wanna choose the keep personal files only. but i wanna know if it will delete all of my games, ty for the ones who help. *Cool 30146

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 keep personal files and apps greyed out