Windows 10: Keep personal files and apps greyed out

Discus and support Keep personal files and apps greyed out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ultrax87, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Ultrax87 Win User

Keep personal files and apps greyed out

I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many important files. I purchased Windows 10 Home and upon installation, the "Keep personal files and apps" option is greyed out, but the "Keep personal files only" option is selectable. How reliable is this? Will all of my files (multiple folders on the desktop, hundreds of folders in the Documents, Photos, Videos, Music libraries) be kept? Obviously, my apps will not be kept, but will the Program Files folders at least be saved in the Windows.old directory? Any help is appreciated.

:)

Ultrax87, Dec 26, 2018
  2. ckristi Win User

Apps greyed out and underlined in Windows 10 Start Menu

I was trying your solution and got as far as step 4. My apps that are greyed out (Mail and Calendar) don't even show up in the text file. I was going to skip the uninstall & just try to install; but don't know the apps Name to use, since they aren't
    in the text file. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

ckristi, Dec 26, 2018
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Keep personal files and apps greyed out

greyed out Print button in file explorer with .htm Extension windows 10

Hello,

There are options you can consider to troubleshoot this issue. When the
    Print button
    on the File Explorer window is greyed out, we suggest that you check if the
    Print Spooler service is running. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Services and click the
      Services app.
    • Scroll down and check if the Print Spooler service is running.
    • If not, right-click Print Spooler and click Properties.
    • On the Properties window, click Start.

After following the steps, check if the Print button
    is already available.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Keep personal files and apps greyed out

1. Keep personal files and apps greyed out - Similar Threads - Keep personal files

2. windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out: While upgrading Microsoft windows server 2016 to windows server 2019, I'm facing issue where the option keep personal files and apps greyed out. Kindly suggest....
  3. windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out: While upgrading Microsoft windows server 2016 to windows server 2019, I'm facing issue where the option keep personal files and apps greyed out. Kindly suggest....
  4. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  5. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  6. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  8. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

"Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  9. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...: Hello All ----------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hope You All Are Doing Great.. So I Was Having Problems With The Windows Update, SearchedOn Internet But Didn’t Find Any Usable Results; So I Decided To...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep personal files and apps greyed out

2. keep files and apps greyed out

3. keep personal files and apps is greyed out

4. keep personal files gray,
  5. windows 10 upgrade keep files and apps grayed,
  6. windows 10 upgrade keep apps greyed out,
  7. windows 10 choose what to keep greyed out,
  8. keep my apps and files grayed out in place upgrade,
  9. keep my files option grayed pros,
  10. keep personal files and apps option is grayed out,
  11. keep personal files and apps gray out,