Windows 10: Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

Discus and support Keep Personal files and apps greyed out in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IlieVatamanu, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

what can I do????

:)

IlieVatamanu, Oct 25, 2021
  2. Ultrax87 Win User

Keep personal files and apps greyed out

I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many important files. I purchased Windows 10 Home and upon installation, the "Keep personal files and apps" option
    is greyed out, but the "Keep personal files only" option is selectable. How reliable is this? Will all of my files (multiple folders on the desktop, hundreds of folders in the Documents, Photos, Videos, Music libraries) be kept? Obviously, my apps will not
    be kept, but will the Program Files folders at least be saved in the Windows.old directory? Any help is appreciated.

Ultrax87, Oct 25, 2021
  3. ckristi Win User
    Apps greyed out and underlined in Windows 10 Start Menu

I was trying your solution and got as far as step 4. My apps that are greyed out (Mail and Calendar) don't even show up in the text file. I was going to skip the uninstall & just try to install; but don't know the apps Name to use, since they aren't
    in the text file. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

ckristi, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

1. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out - Similar Threads - Keep Personal files

2. windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out: While upgrading Microsoft windows server 2016 to windows server 2019, I'm facing issue where the option keep personal files and apps greyed out. Kindly suggest....
  3. windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out: While upgrading Microsoft windows server 2016 to windows server 2019, I'm facing issue where the option keep personal files and apps greyed out. Kindly suggest....
  4. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  5. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  6. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  7. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

"Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  8. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...

The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...: Hello All ----------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hope You All Are Doing Great.. So I Was Having Problems With The Windows Update, SearchedOn Internet But Didn’t Find Any Usable Results; So I Decided To...
  10. Keep personal files and apps greyed out

Keep personal files and apps greyed out: I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many important files. I purchased Windows 10 Home and upon installation, the "Keep personal files and apps" option is greyed out, but the...