Windows 10: Keep Personal Files doesn't show up under the additional settings when trying to reset PC

Discus and support Keep Personal Files doesn't show up under the additional settings when trying to reset PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I am trying to reset my Windows 10 PC, and i selected the option to keep my personal files. But on the additional settings page under “current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RWalko, Jul 20, 2021.

1. RWalko Win User

Keep Personal Files doesn't show up under the additional settings when trying to reset PC

So, I am trying to reset my Windows 10 PC, and i selected the option to keep my personal files. But on the additional settings page under “current settings” it does not confirm that it will keep my files. What do i do about this? Because i am now unsure that it will save the filesWill it still save them despite it not showing that they will on this screen?

:)

RWalko, Jul 20, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Keep Personal Files doesn't show up under the additional settings when trying to reset PC [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Keep Personal Files doesn't show up under the additional settings when trying to reset PC

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Source: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Keep Personal Files doesn't show up under the additional settings when trying to reset PC - Similar Threads - Keep Personal Files

2. Tried resetting pc and keeping personal files , failed got message saying there was a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried resetting pc and keeping personal files , failed got message saying there was a...: having problems with PC crashing intermittently and taking several attempts to boot up . Tried to set PC and keeping settings , downloads ok , but problem resetting . tried the cloud download option . Got error message saying cannot reset and no changes made ....
  3. Tried resetting pc and keeping personal files , failed got message saying there was a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried resetting pc and keeping personal files , failed got message saying there was a...: having problems with PC crashing intermittently and taking several attempts to boot up . Tried to set PC and keeping settings , downloads ok , but problem resetting . tried the cloud download option . Got error message saying cannot reset and no changes made ....
  4. Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?: Whenever I want to disable mouse acceleration on my mouse settings, I still have to go to the additional mouse settings link. The thing is when I did it, it doesn't show up. I tried opening additional mouse settings in Control Panel but doesn't seem to work as well....
  5. Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?

Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?: Whenever I want to disable mouse acceleration on my mouse settings, I still have to go to the additional mouse settings link. The thing is when I did it, it doesn't show up. I tried opening additional mouse settings in Control Panel but doesn't seem to work as well....
  6. Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  8. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  9. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. OneDrive in File Explorer doesn't show files in Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive in File Explorer doesn't show files in Personal Vault: Recently, I was trying to open Personal Vault in File Explorer on Windows. However, none of my files show up in the personal vault anymore and it created another folder in OneDrive with my files in it. Now, whenever I lock the Personal Vault, it says "your Personal Vault...