Windows 10: Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep?

Discus and support Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, I am trying to install Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 machine. But due to the laptop being bought in Japan back when I was there, it gives an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nihalol, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep?

Hello guys, I am trying to install Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 machine. But due to the laptop being bought in Japan back when I was there, it gives an error stating I cannot keep files app etc. due to different language and it only gives me the option of Keep Personal Files Only or Erase Everything. I was wondering what Keep Personal Files Only is, what will it keep and what will be lost? For example, I have a few games such as League Of Legends and Steam, and lots of Word and Powerpoint files for school, along with media (audios, movies, pictures) on the desktop.

submitted by /u/nihalol
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nihalol, Nov 2, 2019

2. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep?

My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep?

1. Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep? - Similar Threads - Keep Personal Files

2. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  3. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  4. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What exactly are personal files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What exactly are personal files?: I have to reset my pc as it is not working, I have been wondering what exactly "Personal Files" are. If something is on the D: Drive, is it automatically considered a "personal file" or are personal files, files the user added, no matter if they are on C: or D?...
  6. What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dynorton [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eonojk/what_exactly_will_be_deleted_if_i_select_the_keep/
  7. Updating Windows 10 to Windows Enterprise - Keep personal files only

Updating Windows 10 to Windows Enterprise - Keep personal files only: What does it mean that my settings and apps will be deleted but my files will be kept. Does that mean that the programs that I have installed on my computer will be deleted? Not sure what that means. Please advise....
  8. Keep personal files only

Keep personal files only: Hello, Recently i tried downloading windows 10 when 2 options popped up 1. keep personal files only, and 2. is nothing. well i wanna choose the keep personal files only. but i wanna know if it will delete all of my games, ty for the ones who help. *Cool 30146
  9. Upgrading w/personal files only?

Upgrading w/personal files only?: Hi, I wanna upgrade my Windows 7 PC directly using the Media Creation Tool, keeping the personal files only. Is it possible to specify which folders to keep? At minimum, I would like to remove the 'AppData' folder to remove old cache and program files, but I'm still not...
  10. Does Choosing 'Keep personal Files only' remove installed apps?

Does Choosing 'Keep personal Files only' remove installed apps?: What I mean is, if I select to keep my personal files only, will the installed programs be removed completely from my hard drive, or will they be moved to the Windows.Old folder like what happens in Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 ? Because I would like to have them in the...