Windows 10: Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10

Discus and support Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have recently gotten a computer with Window's 10. Other then it looking more like it's for gamers than workers, I don't have too many problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MonicaGraves, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10

I have recently gotten a computer with Window's 10. Other then it looking more like it's for gamers than workers, I don't have too many problems. However, I am having an annoying problem when the computer goes into sleep mode. I run Excel and Outlook non-stop during the work day. Every time the computer goes to sleep it shuts down these programs. When I go to re-open my Excel files I have to recover the documents.

I have adjusted my sleep and hibernation settings. Sleep does not start for 45 minutes, hibernation not for 3 hours. But it still goes to screen saver after about 10 minutes and shuts down programs.

What am I missing and how can I solve this annoying problem.

:)

MonicaGraves, Aug 13, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10

1. Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keep programs running

2. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  3. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  4. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too: I am using intel core i3 laptop computer and using windows 10. My computer going to sleep while media players running and downloading torrents. So the process running apps close unexpectedly. I didn't found this problem in older versions of windows. I don't want to set my...
  6. Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too: I am using intel core i3 laptop computer and using windows 10. My computer going to sleep while media players running and downloading torrents. So the process running apps close unexpectedly. I didn't found this problem in older versions of windows. I don't want to set my...
  7. Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. why some programs are still running while my laptop is on sleep mode and consuming...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why some programs are still running while my laptop is on sleep mode and consuming...: Recently I've updated my window 10 and i got notice that while i put my laptop on sleep mode there are still some background programs are running and consuming a lot of power even on ideal mode my ram memory usage is 5gb out of 8 gb, i checked everything and turned down...
  9. Dell Laptop running while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Laptop running while in sleep mode: Apparently my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop began running while in sleep mode i.e. w/ lid closed. When I tried to logon this a.m., I became aware laptop was running at high speed, as if downloading a Windows update. I had to perform hard-stop to take control and logon. I...
  10. running programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    running programs in Windows 10: This just started when I try to open or install a program I get message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" . Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-programs-in-windows-10/d24d8770-9d30-43ea-8ba0-6b71038282ed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep programs running while sleep

2. windows 10 keep programs running while in sleep

3. how to keep one program running in windows when in sleep