Windows 10: Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10

Discus and support Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have recently gotten a computer with Window's 10. Other then it looking more like it's for gamers than workers, I don't have too many problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MonicaGraves, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

1. Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10

I have recently gotten a computer with Window's 10. Other then it looking more like it's for gamers than workers, I don't have too many problems. However, I am having an annoying problem when the computer goes into sleep mode. I run Excel and Outlook non-stop during the work day. Every time the computer goes to sleep it shuts down these programs. When I go to re-open my Excel files I have to recover the documents.

I have adjusted my sleep and hibernation settings. Sleep does not start for 45 minutes, hibernation not for 3 hours. But it still goes to screen saver after about 10 minutes and shuts down programs.

What am I missing and how can I solve this annoying problem.

:)

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Thema:

Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10

1. Keep programs running while in Sleep, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keep programs running

2. Windows 10 will not run my programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not run my programs: I just purchased a new system with Windows 10. I loaded and tried to run my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 Century of Flight and I get a message stating the I need administrator permission to run the program. My Medal of Honor programs give me the same messages. Please...
  3. Windows programs not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows programs not running: My windows program not running i i experiencing this problem from one year if i wNt to run app i have to run it as admin otherwise app will not start this not happens when i i insta wi dows this starts when i run setup which i i instaed in my previous windows when i start...
  4. Running program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running program: unable to run a program due to denovu drive error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-program/8fa3a698-fdf0-4898-93eb-8f93fc203aa5
  5. Windows 10 Keeps Sleeping Randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keeps Sleeping Randomly: I had gotten this Dell laptop around maybe July or August of last year. I use Windows 10 also. The laptop has always been pretty slow and annoyed the most out of me, I have to keep it on the charger 24/7 or it'll just completely die which is fine by me but I had that issue on...
  6. A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode: I was bothered for an entire night, for my laptop won't go sleep even if I click the sleep button. The fans and keyboard lights were on and the screen turned on automatically from time to time. But when I unplugged the power, it slept normally. After searching on the...
  7. Windows 10 keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 keeps going to sleep: I have changed every power setting I can find even the advanced power settings but the computer still goes to sleep every time it is inactive for more than 5 minutes. Is there away t stop this?...
  8. Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10)

Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10): I'm having a problem where I'm able to install and run programs on Windows 10 (Home, 64-bit)) for some length of time, and then suddenly, they don't work, even if reinstalled. The two that I fought with most on this issue (because of how useful they are to me/my family or...
  9. Program that runs a program in a window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program that runs a program in a window: Basically is there a program that will only run other programs in its window? I have a few programs that popup all the time but have poor or wonky support so I'd like to keep them minimized. Autohot key is not working BTW and most command lines are only for the first run not...
  10. Crash while sleeping

Crash while sleeping: From time to time my HTPC will crash while going to sleep. There's nothing to see on screen - I just find I have to press the power button on the PC (the remote doesn't work) and the system starts up from scratch. The event log shows the crash. BlueScreenView reports...