Windows 10: Keep Receiving Error Message When Trying To Update To Build 14905

Discus and support Keep Receiving Error Message When Trying To Update To Build 14905 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, Is anyone else in here receiving this error message when trying to install the latest update on the fast ring ? Thanks, David *Sad 60714 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Davy49, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Davy49 Win User

Keep Receiving Error Message When Trying To Update To Build 14905

Hi All,
    Is anyone else in here receiving this error message when trying to install the latest update on the fast ring ?
    Thanks,
    David *Sad

:)

Davy49, Aug 17, 2016

2. Keep getting error message when trying to reset my laptop

Trying to reset my asus laptop with windows 10 pro on it.Everytime i run it,it goes through and everytime it say's can't complete the reset. and that's all it says.

stuartpetty, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Keep getting error message when trying to reset my laptop

Hi Stuart,

Corrupted system files are one of the many possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend performing clean install instead of reset. Follow the steps on this
    link
    to clean install Windows 10.

Note: To avoid data loss, we suggest to backup important files.

Let us know if it works.

Martin Bar, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Mine went quite smoothly. Only issue I have is it keeps looking for an Office XP Service Pack 3 to install and this computer was a clean install when starting with Technical Preview and never has Office XP/2002 on it. Have now given up on getting it from Microsoft, all the pages for download have been discontinued even though Search can find the KB. Now need to figure how to hide it, nothing seems to be presenting itself on how-to.

Berton, Aug 17, 2016
  5. Davy49 Win User
    Hi Berton,
    As I have to leave for work in just a few minute's, I'll have to try again tomorrow on my day off.
    David *Wink

Davy49, Aug 17, 2016
  6. mahern Win User
    Tried quite a few times. It downloads properly then reboots and looks like its installing, but same error...

mahern, Aug 17, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Have you tried using the ISO to build an bootable installer? Lots of times when Windows Update fails in process, installing from local media will work. Give it a try if you haven't already.
    Sergey Tkachenko has links to unofficial ISO images for Build 14905 at WinAero.com. I've used his stuff before: he's reliable.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 18, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

Update: fixed the Office XP issue, turned out I had installed Microsoft Photo Editor as a test for someone and it identifies with Office XP. I thought the program was older than that so I uninstalled it and no more of that update problem.

Berton, Aug 18, 2016
  9. Davy49 Win User
    Hi All,
    I'm typing this post on the computer that I first posted the topic on, yesterday I performed a 'Reset This PC' operation, so I could clear out some of the 'junk' that builds up over time. I'm currently using the built-in windows defender for my security software. I still don't like windows defender due to the fact that it takes SO long to perform even a 'quick scan'. At least now when I check foe a build update I'm not receiving the error message that I was receiving. I keep reading on various web page's where user's are having various issue's with build 14905, maybe I should just wait for the next available build and not even worry about trying to install build 14905.
    David *sarc

Davy49, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keep Receiving Error Message When Trying To Update To Build 14905 - Similar Threads - Keep Receiving Error

2. Keep getting errors when trying to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting errors when trying to update: I was given this laptop by my brother and just did now want to fool with it. I have a decent background on working and fixing minor issues with laptops and iphones for family and friends. While looking into this i have tried many solutions on the forums here and other...
  3. Keep getting errors when trying to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting errors when trying to update: I was given this laptop by my brother and just did now want to fool with it. I have a decent background on working and fixing minor issues with laptops and iphones for family and friends. While looking into this i have tried many solutions on the forums here and other...
  4. error message when trying to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message when trying to print: Hello, Yesterday morning, I printed a document on my Canon 5751 totally all right. When I went to print another document in the afternoon, so o switching off inbetween, I got the error message 0x8007007e, whether printing onto cutepdf or the printer. Nothing works. Can...
  5. Error message when trying to scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message when trying to scan: I am getting on my Samsung Xpress C1860 Printer/Fax/Scanner an "I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again, if it does not help,please turn the device off, then switch it on and wait while it warms up". However, I've tried this and it...
  6. Keep getting error message when trying to do a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting error message when trying to do a video: Keep getting error message when trying to do a video. message is cant create video failure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-error-message-when-trying-to-do-a/a8064247-884c-45eb-9ffb-57ddb31f1bf1
  7. Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.: [ATTACH] Never had this issue before. Tried restarting my laptop multiple times, tried to download it a few times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-an-update-and-it-keeps-giving-me/4da0ae35-c63b-4908-977d-4d18266bea34
  8. I receive an error when try to print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I receive an error when try to print: The error message is nsufficient memory or disc space. Word cannot display the requested font. I cannot print out my documents. Who can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-receive-an-error-when-try-to-print/6a01d3ad-0973-4b53-996a-423c29250be3
  9. Received an error when trying to run DISM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Received an error when trying to run DISM: My laptop had problems after I accidentally turned the power off without the battery. And found about 50+ corrupted system files by doing "sfc /scannow" in safe mode. I'm currently able to boot into the normal Windows but some functions are still not working, I tried to run...
  10. Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation: I'm trying to add my child to my account. I've successfully added one child, but can't add another. My husband is also using the family account, but he's not appearing on my list of family members. I've tried looking at other forums, but nothing is resolving this problem....