Windows 10: Keep Remote Desktop going if Host falls asleep

Discus and support Keep Remote Desktop going if Host falls asleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using my home PC (Win 10) to connect to my headless Server (Win 2016) via Remote Desktop. If my home PC goes to sleep then my Remote Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by snifftheglove, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Keep Remote Desktop going if Host falls asleep

Hi,

I am using my home PC (Win 10) to connect to my headless Server (Win 2016) via Remote Desktop.

If my home PC goes to sleep then my Remote Desktop session pauses and then resumes once my home PC wakes up.
    This is quite annoying especially if something is running on the server and then my home PC goes to sleep. I don't want to keep my home PC on all the time just to keep the remote desktop session alive. Is there a way to keep the remote desktop session alive whilst my home PC sleeps.

The only solution to come to mind is to run TightVNC instead. Any other suggestions?

:)

snifftheglove, Apr 30, 2019

2. Computer falling asleep

Everytime i log onto my compuyer (windows 10 desktop) it shows the desktop background, loads up the files, then falls asleep. This is really annoying beciase i have been having another issue for a few months that makes it so i have to turn off my computer
    and turn it back on whenever it falls asleep. How do i make it stop falling asleep manually?

drew-saladifier, Apr 30, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hi.

My name is Ben

Independent Advisor

I hope to help.

If you are running Windows 10 version 1709 or later, the new way to enable and manage Remote Desktop is through the Configuration application. To check, click the Start button and select Settings (the gear icon in the lower left of the Start menu). Then, from
    the Configuration window, select System and choose Remote Desktop from the list of options on the left.

Make sure your PC does not fall asleep when Remote Desktop is enabled (you cannot connect remotely if your PC is inactive or off) and allow it to be detected on your local network so you can connect without knowing the IP address of the remote PC.

However, keep in mind that Microsoft is slowly deleting legacy interfaces with each Windows 10 update, so it might be a good idea to get used to managing Remote Desktop in the Configuration application.

For those who are new to Remote Desktop: the steps described here must be performed on the PC to which you want to connect.

MilagrosM2020, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Keep Remote Desktop going if Host falls asleep

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Keep Remote Desktop going if Host falls asleep

1. Keep Remote Desktop going if Host falls asleep - Similar Threads - Keep Remote Desktop

2. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  3. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  4. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote Desktop Wake Host PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Wake Host PC?: My current remote desktop app wakes the Host PC from sleep when I sign in from a remote computer.If I use Windows 11's remote access, will the Host PC wake from sleep when I sign in from a remote location?Thanks in advance....
  6. Remote Desktop Wake Host PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Wake Host PC?: My current remote desktop app wakes the Host PC from sleep when I sign in from a remote computer.If I use Windows 11's remote access, will the Host PC wake from sleep when I sign in from a remote location?Thanks in advance....
  7. Bluetooth Keeps "Falling Asleep" Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Keeps "Falling Asleep" Windows 10 PC: Just this week, my Bluetooth has started turning off after I leave my computer idle for a while. The Bluetooth icon disappears from the Notification Center, and all the Bluetooth devices disappear from the Device Manager except for the Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter,...
  8. computer falls asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer falls asleep: OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times. AND THERE...
  9. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  10. Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.: So, it's set to NEVER sleep (unless I tell it to), but persistently falls asleep randomly - sometimes it will run for hours, other times it will sleep if you turn your back on it for 5 minutes. It gets rather annoying after a very short time. Any ideas? Thanks. ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tightvnc falls asleep

2. windows remote desktop does it work if the computer falls asleep?