Windows 10: Keep restarted when installing updates.

Discus and support Keep restarted when installing updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I trying to shutdown my computer, I saw "Update and restart". When updates is installed, my computer goes into a restart. But this restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rex Leong, May 4, 2019.

1. Rex Leong Win User

Keep restarted when installing updates.

When I trying to shutdown my computer, I saw "Update and restart". When updates is installed, my computer goes into a restart.

But this restart doesn't stop, when I tried to boot with a Windows 10 Installation USB, it appears a dialog said that My Computer is started an upgrade but now boot from installation media, then I selected yes and let it reboot again to install updates. Again, the reboot won't stop.

Here how my computer's reboot occured, computer boot well until the windows logo, after Windows logo it turned black for a few seconds and my computer is rebooted again, and this perform again and again.

Did anyone can teach me how to overcome this unlimited reboots? thanks in advance.

:)

Rex Leong, May 4, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Keep restarted when installing updates. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 4, 2019
  4. Keep restarted when installing updates.

little cat, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Keep restarted when installing updates.

1. Keep restarted when installing updates. - Similar Threads - Keep restarted installing

2. Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart: I have an issue with some PCs which have MECM client and it's manage the updatesthey keeps asking for restart after install windows update but after restart the update were not installed and asking for restart again over and over without any succeed with install the updateI...
  3. Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart: I have an issue with some PCs which have MECM client and it's manage the updatesthey keeps asking for restart after install windows update but after restart the update were not installed and asking for restart again over and over without any succeed with install the updateI...
  4. Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.: After I downloaded Windows 11, ver.23H2, my computer keeps restarting several times a day, but the result is always "Something didn't go as planned. Removing files, please keep your computer on. Then it tries again 3 or 4 times, and then Windows starts up, but the update...
  6. Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.

Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.: After I downloaded Windows 11, ver.23H2, my computer keeps restarting several times a day, but the result is always "Something didn't go as planned. Removing files, please keep your computer on. Then it tries again 3 or 4 times, and then Windows starts up, but the update...
  7. windows updates keep on asking for restart but dont install updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows updates keep on asking for restart but dont install updates.: windows updates keep on asking for restart but don't install updates.sent screenshots;- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-keep-on-asking-for-restart-but/a0d42b67-2cf9-4216-b9a6-738f50c4df0d
  8. Pc keeps restarting when installing windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting when installing windows: Pc keeps restarting when I get to the windows Home Screen, tried reinstalling windows and it keeps restarting as soon as I get to the first step https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-restarting-when-installing-windows/a8cc39d7-29fb-4a23-a552-f865b006d19d
  9. Pc keeps restarting when installing windows

Pc keeps restarting when installing windows: Pc keeps restarting when I get to the windows Home Screen, tried reinstalling windows and it keeps restarting as soon as I get to the first step https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-restarting-when-installing-windows/a8cc39d7-29fb-4a23-a552-f865b006d19d
  10. Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown: Hi I'm not that tech savvy but recently I been having a issue with my windows 10 pc. Before when there were updates I would keep shutting down my pc WITHOUT updating till it finally said shutown and update and I had no choice but now everytime I have a update and go to...