Windows 10: Keep volume level when plugging in headphones

Discus and support Keep volume level when plugging in headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, the system changes the volume when I plug headphones into my laptop's audio jack. When I unplug them, the volume returns back to its original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Has, Mar 24, 2019.

1. David Has Win User

Keep volume level when plugging in headphones

Hello,

the system changes the volume when I plug headphones into my laptop's audio jack. When I unplug them, the volume returns back to its original setting.

So the system remembers volume setting for each individual device. This feature may be useful, but I find it quite annoying. For example, when you turn the sound off with the headphones plugged in, but then unplug them, the sound is back on, which you may not notice.

There seems to be a lot of question on the topic "How to have separate volume for speakers and headphones?", however, I failed to found one asking the opposite.

How could I disable the sound changing in Windows 10?

Thank you for your answers.

:)

David Has, Mar 24, 2019

2. Headphones plugged in/unplugged volume levels

On Windows 8.1, I had no problems with the volume auto switching for when I had my headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack on the top of my case, but after upgrading to Windows 10 I can't seem to figure out how to get it to be set for both. I'm curious
    if this is possible, as most results I've looked up are either about headphones not having ANY sound, or just plain out not working. Everything works fine, it's just a matter of no more auto adjusting sound levels. Thank you very much.

burnfire88, Mar 24, 2019
  3. TomBrad95 Win User
    Ringer volume glitches when headphones are plugged in

For your first problem, the ringer volume is only for when you haven't got your headphones plugged in, when you have the headphones plugged in the volume corresponds with that, the sound also comes out of the speakers incase you have taken then off but forgotten
    to unplug them.

Do you unplug the headphones when you answer the call? I suggest unplugging the headphones for the duration of the call then immediately plug them back in again.

TomBrad95, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Cannot change volume level on headphones

I noticed today that when I have headphones plugged in I cannot change volume level. It doesnt matter what level I set the volume I hear is always same. It is same even when I set 0.

In image below you can see that when I set 0 level in windows settings the music still plays, when I set 100 level the music still plays at about the same level.

Keep volume level when plugging in headphones [​IMG]

How can I fix this?

Guest3, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Keep volume level when plugging in headphones - Similar Threads - Keep volume level

2. Cannot control volume when headphones plugged into laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot control volume when headphones plugged into laptop.: When I'm not using headphones I can control the volume just fine, although as soon as I plug them in it changes the volume to what I think may be around 30 and I can't control the volume after. No matter what the slider says the volume is, even when it is muted, it still...
  3. Cannot control volume when headphones plugged into laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot control volume when headphones plugged into laptop.: When I'm not using headphones I can control the volume just fine, although as soon as I plug them in it changes the volume to what I think may be around 30 and I can't control the volume after. No matter what the slider says the volume is, even when it is muted, it still...
  4. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  5. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  6. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  7. volume levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  8. Low volume after plugging headphones in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low volume after plugging headphones in: As the title says, i have low volume if I plug my headphones (Superlux HD681 EVO) in. Even if I turn it up to 100, it's barely as loud as 30. Rebooting my PC fixes this issue. Has been an issue for a while now but i needed to reproduce it first. Also happens in the last...
  9. plugging in Headphones not remembering previous volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    plugging in Headphones not remembering previous volume: I posted this on tomshardware but had no luck, including original post. Recently without warning or any reason that I could think of something has changed with my headphones, or rather with windows. I used to plug them in along with the separate mic cable into the...
  10. Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels: The sound volume in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels. For example if I have a speaker volume at 20%, then I plug in the headphones, it could be something like 70%. When I disconnect the headphones, the speaker volume gets back to 20%...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep normal sound on when plugging in headphones