Windows 10: Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC

Discus and support Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC | PCWorld Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC Although I know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Wynona, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC

Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC | PCWorld

Although I know the denizens here in Ten Forums are in no danger, I would have expected better of PCWorld, than sensational headlines such as this!

Regardless of the headline, at least it's an accurate article.

Wynona, Apr 17, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

All of that information has been posted/shared around here already. And I can imagine the best way to keep up with testing the TP is by using the latest build(s).

Thanks for sharing. *Wink

:)

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    error codeKeep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC :eek:xc0000605 in Windows 10.

A section accessible via any Bios includes "Boot Order". That is what I was referring to.

What is on your USB that you are trying to boot from. Where did you get whatever is on it from (how was it created)? What do you want whatever is on the USB to do?

Were you able to investigate the following option?

Most new machines come with a recovery partition allowing you to go back to the time of purchase, you will have to check your user guides (or the manufacturer's Web Site) for instructions. Choosing that path requires you to save all valuable data first.

If you could do that then getting to Windows 10 becomes more straight forward.

At the moment you appear to be stuck with an out of date edition which has expired and has left you no where else to go.

To upgrade to Windows 10 for free you need your older operating system to be on the machine. The other option is to purchase Windows 10 and try and repair your expired edition or clean install Windows 10. By "repair" I mean running Windows 10 over the
    current install as though you were upgrading it. That may be possible, I have not ever had to deal with an expired operating system.

Your Windows 10 preview build could expire this week

Your Windows 10 preview build could expire this week | TechRadar

Windows 10 builds stop booting when they expire

Windows 10 builds stop booting when they expire - gHacks Tech News

Linney, Apr 17, 2015
  4. Arun B J Win User

MICROSOFT EDGE BACK PAGE PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I understand your concern regarding the issue.

I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system.

Ref:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile - Windows Experience Blog

Windows 10 periodically checks for updates so you don’t have to. When an update is available, it’s automatically downloaded and installed – keeping your PC up to date with the latest features.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arun B J, Apr 17, 2015
  5. Dude Win User
    Agreed, they do that to get attention

6. BunnyJ New Member
    And it's a shame that they have to do that.. it's just makes MS look bad.

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    So does this mean I have to get off of 10056?

8. BunnyJ New Member

Did you read the article?? Edit: and run winver to find out.

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    Well, actually, in my estimation, it makes PCWorld look bad.

Wynona, Apr 17, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    That's been their MO for years. So in my estimation it's going to be hard to make themselves look any worse.

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    Nah, Gary. The article just rehashes what we already know; each Build has an expiration date, and it's coming up for approximately the first four or five Builds we've tested. At some point a couple of weeks after the expiration date, your Preview will no longer boot.

The good news is that if you should get into this situation, all you have to do is clean install the latest Build you can get an ISO for.

Wynona, Apr 17, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    And the date of expiration on build 10056 is:

Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

Same date for Build 10049. So, we're good to go, I guess.

The only problem with having Build 10056 is that the next drop may refuse to install.

Wynona, Apr 17, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    For me all I'll do is re-install build 10049 and then get the download, create an ISO and do a clean install. With the TP thing I'm just installing the bare minimum .. and things I need to code Python.

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2015
  15. Winuser Win User
    I have over half of my programs from Win 8 installed in the official build release of Win 10. That's why I won't upgrade build 10049 to 10056. I normally only do clean installs if I have to. I had build 10056 installed on one of my laptops last night just long enough to try it. I now have build 10049 installed on it so my wife can get use to Win 10 before it's released. If I'm not busy tomorrow I will install build 10056 in a VM and load a few programs so I can test it. It's something to do until a new build comes out.

Winuser, Apr 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC - Similar Threads - Keep preview date

2. Keeping Installation Media Up to date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keeping Installation Media Up to date.: When I purchase Window 11 on a USB or a DVD boxed versions , I get the current version of Windows at that moment in time. As time goes on, newer versions are released and sold, but I still have the older outdated release. I understand that if I need to re-install again later,...
  3. Keeping Installation Media Up to date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping Installation Media Up to date.: When I purchase Window 11 on a USB or a DVD boxed versions , I get the current version of Windows at that moment in time. As time goes on, newer versions are released and sold, but I still have the older outdated release. I understand that if I need to re-install again later,...
  4. Failed to keep windows up-to-date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to keep windows up-to-date: Failed to keep windows up-to-dateMy PC failed to keep windows up-to-date, *My PC have been a part of beta test plan of Microsoft but not now.*The update surface in setting just keep loading and empty.*I can't install any software from Microsoft Store since my PD failed to...
  5. windows 10 up date

windows 10 up date: when windows updated, I lost all my files, some of the icons on the screen are black. when I try to open the store from settings, I get a black line under it received a message to uninstall KB45332693 I do not have this installed, I have : KB4601319, security update...
  6. Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date: I am using Widows Search to query the contents of a large collection of pdf documents. Normally, when new pdf files ware added to the collection, these are immediately and automatically indexed, and promptly appear in the search results. However, after sucessfully...
  7. Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date: I am using Widows Search to query the contents of a collection of around 200,000 pdf files. Normally, when new pdf files are added to the collection, these would be immediately and automatically indexed, and promptly appear in the search results. However, after sucessfully...
  8. Window 10 up date

Window 10 up date: After installing The New Edge my laptop restarted without recognizing my hotmail password....plain mode...no wi fi and it has been hacked with at least 10 users. I have no control on my laptop. Everything is ok. On my Android 6...
  9. WINDOWS 10 UP DATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 UP DATE: Hello I have an old DELL comp running windows 7 32bit I updated it to windows 10 because I was advised to I went to use it and cannot as it says I don't have admin rights when it had downloaded and when I go to change anything it wont let me I have tried all it tells...
  10. Reserving disk space to keep Windows 10 up to date

in Windows 10 News
    Reserving disk space to keep Windows 10 up to date: Starting with the next major update we’re making a few changes to how Windows 10 manages disk space. Through reserved storage, some disk space will be set aside to be used by updates, apps, temporary files, and system caches. Our goal is to improve the day-to-day function of...