Windows 10: Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC

Discus and support Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I too would beware of leaked updates if I had to dual boot on same HDD but I have an old HDD just for that purpose and as I signed up for testing W10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Wynona, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Vladimir Win User

Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC

Right!
    I also have a HDD exclusively for Windows 10 testing. Windows 8.1 is installed on a SSD.

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 19, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

I have separate disks for Windows 7 and Windows 10 builds. Both are WDblack1TB Spinners. I also have an old Seagate Barracuda and a Hitactchi drive laying around. Oh and everyone using any TP build is taking chances. That is why all of my important stuff is on Win 7.

3. BunnyJ New Member
    Right now I have a dual boot with Win8.1.1 for all of my main software/apps and bill paying and Win10TP build 10049. Both are on the same SSD and everything is fine. And I have tried build 10051/10056. The 10056 worked ok but I found that 10049 works better for me.. but that's just what I found.

BunnyJ, Apr 19, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

I may try to put 10049 on a second partition.

5. BunnyJ New Member
    Might be interesting to just to see what happens. I found that build 10056 was just.. well nervous and hung up for me. While build 10049 is just stable and works fine. Well, after all of the updates are done. I found that I had to wait for all of them to be done before I installed any software/apps.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 19, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    Half of that article is all but useless. Testers did all that (clean install) on the very first build. Why explain again what a clean install is? And he had to to quote a software engineer for that?

And yeah, PCworld looked really bad with that one.

The writer seems to have just learned about PCs the day before he wrote it.

badrobot, Apr 19, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    It might have just been a very slow news day.

BunnyJ, Apr 19, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

It did not turn out real good. Build 10049 once again failed to install or update. I then had to go through and fix delete the volume and fix the boot. I am back with my original 10056 build that I had before I attempted this. I would not recommend doing this.

Thema:

1. Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC - Similar Threads - Keep preview date

2. Keeping Installation Media Up to date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keeping Installation Media Up to date.: When I purchase Window 11 on a USB or a DVD boxed versions , I get the current version of Windows at that moment in time. As time goes on, newer versions are released and sold, but I still have the older outdated release. I understand that if I need to re-install again later,...
  3. Keeping Installation Media Up to date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping Installation Media Up to date.: When I purchase Window 11 on a USB or a DVD boxed versions , I get the current version of Windows at that moment in time. As time goes on, newer versions are released and sold, but I still have the older outdated release. I understand that if I need to re-install again later,...
  4. Failed to keep windows up-to-date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to keep windows up-to-date: Failed to keep windows up-to-dateMy PC failed to keep windows up-to-date, *My PC have been a part of beta test plan of Microsoft but not now.*The update surface in setting just keep loading and empty.*I can't install any software from Microsoft Store since my PD failed to...
  5. windows 10 up date

windows 10 up date: when windows updated, I lost all my files, some of the icons on the screen are black. when I try to open the store from settings, I get a black line under it received a message to uninstall KB45332693 I do not have this installed, I have : KB4601319, security update...
  6. Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date: I am using Widows Search to query the contents of a large collection of pdf documents. Normally, when new pdf files ware added to the collection, these are immediately and automatically indexed, and promptly appear in the search results. However, after sucessfully...
  7. Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Index failing to keep up-to-date: I am using Widows Search to query the contents of a collection of around 200,000 pdf files. Normally, when new pdf files are added to the collection, these would be immediately and automatically indexed, and promptly appear in the search results. However, after sucessfully...
  8. Window 10 up date

Window 10 up date: After installing The New Edge my laptop restarted without recognizing my hotmail password....plain mode...no wi fi and it has been hacked with at least 10 users. I have no control on my laptop. Everything is ok. On my Android 6...
  9. WINDOWS 10 UP DATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 UP DATE: Hello I have an old DELL comp running windows 7 32bit I updated it to windows 10 because I was advised to I went to use it and cannot as it says I don't have admin rights when it had downloaded and when I go to change anything it wont let me I have tried all it tells...
  10. Reserving disk space to keep Windows 10 up to date

in Windows 10 News
    Reserving disk space to keep Windows 10 up to date: Starting with the next major update we’re making a few changes to how Windows 10 manages disk space. Through reserved storage, some disk space will be set aside to be used by updates, apps, temporary files, and system caches. Our goal is to improve the day-to-day function of...