Windows 10: KeepAliveHD and NoSleepHD - Are they both portable?

Discus and support KeepAliveHD and NoSleepHD - Are they both portable? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My external hard drives are shutting down far too quickly (which can't be good them, having to constantly spin up every few seconds) and came across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Autobahn, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Autobahn Win User

KeepAliveHD and NoSleepHD - Are they both portable?

My external hard drives are shutting down far too quickly (which can't be good them, having to constantly spin up every few seconds) and came across these programs to stop this from happening.

From what I read on Softpedia, NoSleepHD is portable but there is no mention of this for KeepAliveHD.
    I prefer to try KeepAliveHD but if it's not portable I'll try the other one.

The only other difference I can make out between the two is that KeepAliveHD deletes the text file when exiting, NoSleepHD doesn't, it has to be manually deleted.

Anyone that has used these programs, if the text file is not deleted, is a new one created the next time the program is used, so would there be two text files to delete afterwards?

:)

Autobahn, Aug 9, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 9, 2020
  3. External hard drive auto-sleep problem is back again in Windows 10

Tried these windows solutions and they didn't work for me:

- create custom power management plan

- power management plan > turn off hard disk > set to never

- power management plan > USB selective suspend > set to never

- device manager > USB controllers > power management > allow computer to turn off this device > unchecked (for all usb controllers)

Tried these apps:

- nosleepHD (this wouldn't run at startup for me even when the setting was enabled and program running as administrator)

- keepaliveHD (this does work and solves my problem)

bit by bit, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. KeepAliveHD and NoSleepHD - Are they both portable? - Similar Threads - KeepAliveHD NoSleepHD Are

2. IDM Portable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDM Portable?: Hello, Windows_7_2009 here. Is there any Portable of IDM that is not paid and by i mean the portable i mean it dosen't need admin rights to install that programCPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200GGPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8VRAM: I don't knowRAM: 8GB 5,93 is usableOS: Windows 10 Professional...
  3. IDM Portable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDM Portable?: Hello, Windows_7_2009 here. Is there any Portable of IDM that is not paid and by i mean the portable i mean it dosen't need admin rights to install that programCPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200GGPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8VRAM: I don't knowRAM: 8GB 5,93 is usableOS: Windows 10 Professional...
  4. portable devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    portable devices: Hello my problem is unknown device in my computer im not connect anything in my comp i try unistall but this device E:\ install again what is this or what can i do? this is dangerous?...
  5. Portable Virtual

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Portable Virtual: I like the idea of virtual Windows, and have successfully used both VM Ware and Oracle Virtualbox. I have always wanted to install virtual windows to an external drive that I could plug in to any computer. There is a Portable Virtualbox, but not sure if this is part of...
  6. portable drive

portable drive: portable hard drive not recognize after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-drive/50df189a-2a32-4bb0-97e6-421d82f65bfa
  7. portable device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    portable device: Hi Iam trying to sync my phone to the laptop i connect nothing happened i looked no portable device found in device manager ? Thank you Timmy [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-device/20ec0ed3-4eb3-468b-b534-dcf755704ba5
  8. portable device

portable device: When I connect my andriod to my pc it cannot connect to pc. and my porable device is missing in device manager. driver cannot install in pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-device/5c6ef136-b901-4f6a-aaea-126fc4a2037c
  9. Networx Portable

Networx Portable: Running this program to keep track of data usage,problem is If I forget to shutdown this program before windows shutdown all data is not saved. You have to close the app before windows shutdown to save the data. How can I force this program to shutdown before windows...
  10. portable unlocker

portable unlocker: Hello I downloaded it to my desktop and see the folder. It works as I integrated it with start. However, if I remove the desktop folder will it remove the start program too. I have a clean desktop and do not know where to put this folder. TY Peter 52484