Windows 10: @Keeper - Why is Microsoft pushing this to our Windows 10 machines?

Discus and support @Keeper - Why is Microsoft pushing this to our Windows 10 machines? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This suddenly showed up with my last update. I already have my own security measures in place and this is so frustrating to have to clean up behind... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by S.L.Bradford, Apr 12, 2019.

1. @Keeper - Why is Microsoft pushing this to our Windows 10 machines?

This suddenly showed up with my last update. I already have my own security measures in place and this is so frustrating to have to clean up behind Microsoft. If I want a program - I'll research and decide myself. I uninstalled, but if it showed up in one update, is it just going to keep getting repushed to my machine?

:)

S.L.Bradford, Apr 12, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Apr 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

@Keeper - Why is Microsoft pushing this to our Windows 10 machines?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

@Keeper - Why is Microsoft pushing this to our Windows 10 machines?

1. @Keeper - Why is Microsoft pushing this to our Windows 10 machines? - Similar Threads - @Keeper Why Microsoft

2. Cannot Push Bitlocker with Intune Silently to our Organization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Push Bitlocker with Intune Silently to our Organization.: We are pushing bitlocker via Intune to a group of test users and cannot get it to encrypt silently. Attached are the prompts users are seeing alot of users do not have local admin so they couldn't encrypt if they tried, also attached are bitlocker settings in intune. Am I...
  3. Cannot Push Bitlocker with Intune Silently to our Organization.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Push Bitlocker with Intune Silently to our Organization.: We are pushing bitlocker via Intune to a group of test users and cannot get it to encrypt silently. Attached are the prompts users are seeing alot of users do not have local admin so they couldn't encrypt if they tried, also attached are bitlocker settings in intune. Am I...
  4. Cannot Push Bitlocker with Intune Silently to our Organization.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Recipe Keeper

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Recipe Keeper: I installed Recipe Keeper from the Microsoft Store. I have over 100 familyrecipes entered into the app. I would like to backup the file that contain the recipes should my computercrash and I have to re-image the system. I cannot find any directories,folders, etc. on the...
  6. Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains why Windows 10 is pushing outdated drivers: Windows 10 is now pushing outdated drivers and it could cause issues if you have the habit of installing updates without paying attention to the driver version number and its release date. As we reported last month, Windows 10 now allows users to download and install...
  7. Updated our machines to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated our machines to windows 10: We updated all our windows 7 8 and 8.1 to windows 10 when there was that free window. I was recently helping out a colleague and noticed that her windows 10 was not activated. There is no key visible. I want to make it right. How can I get another key? I have the...
  8. Microsoft Edge System Keeper

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge System Keeper: I have a 3rd party invasion on my computer that I cannot get rid of. I was told that Microsoft Edge would be programmed to handle, but I am unable to get any communication regarding security to replace the 3rd party invasion; Microsoft Edge is not doing it....
  9. Tools To Push Software Applications on Windows 10 machines in Workgroup At Once

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tools To Push Software Applications on Windows 10 machines in Workgroup At Once: Hi Can anyone help me with an advice about a tool I could use to push/deploy multiple softwares and applications on over 10000 Windows 10 Home edition machines which are in a workgroup and not part of an Active Directory domain. Thank you....
  10. Pushing your gay agenda down our throats!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pushing your gay agenda down our throats!: Awww, whats the matter?!? Did I trigger one of you sissy ****?!? You best learn that REAL AMERICANS will NOT put up with your gay agenda!!! I suggest that you grab your significant other and un to your safe space and remain there until you are able to use rational thought!!!...