Windows 10: keeping a usb port incognito

Discus and support keeping a usb port incognito in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i want to make a usb port incognito from everything on my computer other than veiwing and editing on that file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AaronSilvius, Jul 23, 2020.

1. keeping a usb port incognito

i want to make a usb port incognito from everything on my computer other than veiwing and editing on that file

:)

AaronSilvius, Jul 23, 2020

2. keeping a usb port incognito

i want to make a usb port incognito from everything on my computer other than veiwing and editing on that file

AaronSilvius, Aug 1, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

keeping a usb port incognito [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 1, 2020
  4. keeping a usb port incognito

dnnglvcnt8, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

keeping a usb port incognito

1. keeping a usb port incognito - Similar Threads - keeping usb port

2. Usb port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb port: Hellow, I am using windows 10 installed on lenovo ideapad in...Whenever I insert my usb pen drive the system is not detecting them even external hard drives and phones but they used to work last month the only thing working is my wireless mouse...When the pc is powered of the...
  3. Usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb port: Hellow, I am using windows 10 installed on lenovo ideapad in...Whenever I insert my usb pen drive the system is not detecting them even external hard drives and phones but they used to work last month the only thing working is my wireless mouse...When the pc is powered of the...
  4. USB Ports

USB Ports: I am using a windows 10 OS on my PC and two of my USB ports suddenly stopped detecting the flash drives when I insert it...I have tried to install the USB device drivers but it still doesn't work, kindly help me on how to fix my computer....
  5. USB Ports keep shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Ports keep shutting down: Hello, I've been having this issue recently where I will be playing a vr game and out of the blue my pc will just disconnect all of my usb ports, making me have to stop playing vr and wait 15 seconds to 2 minutes for my keyboard and mouse to register again. I have done...
  6. Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?: As the title says, the front USBs keep disconnecting and reconnecting. It only seems to be the front ports too. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling drivers, yet no difference was made. Any help? submitted by /u/Squiddy_101 [link] [comments]...
  7. USB ports

USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  8. USB PORTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB PORTS: after installing the latest updates I cant able use my ports i don't why, and I updated all the usb drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports/7acecb8d-d1c5-45f0-89ed-61642cae8471
  9. USB ports

USB ports: When I plug in my power cord to my laptop it is saying "the usb port you just installed is not working." I'm not plugging in to a usb port so I don't know why it is saying this and why it will not work now with the power cord plugged in....
  10. keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports

keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports: Hi, I have a laptop and I travel a lot. Hence, I unplug and I replug most of my peripherical: mouse, keyboard, printer, etc. I change the USB drives all the time. I have a bug from windows 10. When I change the place of the peripherical, it looks like Windows 10 has...