Windows 10: Keeping a windows 10 laptops dual monitor saved when unplugging the laptop from the second...

Discus and support Keeping a windows 10 laptops dual monitor saved when unplugging the laptop from the second... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here’s the context, my wife has a windows 10 laptop for work. I have a MacBook Air for my work, my company gave me a monitor now that we are all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mooseontherum, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Keeping a windows 10 laptops dual monitor saved when unplugging the laptop from the second...

Here’s the context, my wife has a windows 10 laptop for work. I have a MacBook Air for my work, my company gave me a monitor now that we are all working from home so when I use the second monitor as a split screen (not mirror) and then remove the laptop all the open stuff that was on the monitor goes onto the laptop. But when I plug it back in it just goes back to where it was on the second screen.

My wife’s windows laptop does not do this when she uses the monitor for work. When she disconnects it from the second screen it all goes to the laptop but if she plugs it back in she has to manually move it all back to the second screen.

Is there a way to make it behave like mine does?

submitted by /u/mooseontherum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mooseontherum, Jul 6, 2020

2. using laptop as second monitor?

looking for either a mouse/keyboard share program or some way to use my laptop as a second monitor when i am at home. The laptop is windows 8 the desktop windows 7. i tried to download a program called Synergy but it led me to some weird 3rd party download host where they want you to download their installer, or their toolbar etc etc decided to not got that route. any other suggestions?

moocow0463, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 6, 2020
  4. cfourkays Win User

Keeping a windows 10 laptops dual monitor saved when unplugging the laptop from the second...

Laptop dual monitor question

Sorry for the delay. Had to go back to customer's house.

I don't have the option to to extend.
    In the Display settings, only showing the laptop monitor. There is a solid black square where the second monitor would be.
    When I first set it up, there was nothing on the external monitor until I downloaded the Windows 10 driver from the adapter Mfg web site. Then the screen came to life with the same screen as the laptop.
    I've done a lot of dual monitor setups and never had this problem. The second monitor was always recognized in the "Display" settings. Almost forgot. The adapter is a USB 3.0 and I have it going from the laptops 3.0 to a USB 3.0 4way to the 3.0 adapter to the monitor. An older 19" eMachine monitor.

cfourkays, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Keeping a windows 10 laptops dual monitor saved when unplugging the laptop from the second...

1. Keeping a windows 10 laptops dual monitor saved when unplugging the laptop from the second... - Similar Threads - Keeping laptops dual

2. laptop to laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop to laptop as a second monitor: i have two laptop. i want to use my principal laptop as host of a second laptop, and that second laptop, use it as a second monitor and extend both monitors, i could do that wireless, but i want to do it via cable, for example hdmi or usbc. i tried both and not working. any...
  3. laptop to laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop to laptop as a second monitor: i have two laptop. i want to use my principal laptop as host of a second laptop, and that second laptop, use it as a second monitor and extend both monitors, i could do that wireless, but i want to do it via cable, for example hdmi or usbc. i tried both and not working. any...
  4. My Monitor Changes Hz When I Unplug My Second Monitor in Dual Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Monitor Changes Hz When I Unplug My Second Monitor in Dual Display: My monitor changes from 60 Hz to 120 Hz after i unplug my second monitor from dual display, i want to stop my monitor from constantly changing Hz so is there anyway i can fix the Hz at 60?, Any help would be appreciated thanks!...
  5. My Monitor Changes Hz When I Unplug My Second Monitor in Dual Display

My Monitor Changes Hz When I Unplug My Second Monitor in Dual Display: My monitor changes from 60 Hz to 120 Hz after i unplug my second monitor from dual display, i want to stop my monitor from constantly changing Hz so is there anyway i can fix the Hz at 60?, Any help would be appreciated thanks!...
  6. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop as second monitor: Hello today i tried to set up my laptop as a second monitor through pc projection and everything seems okay until I try to actually connect then it gives me a security errorPlease help...
  7. Laptop as second monitor

Laptop as second monitor: Hello today i tried to set up my laptop as a second monitor through pc projection and everything seems okay until I try to actually connect then it gives me a security errorPlease help...
  8. Dual Monitors with Windows Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors with Windows Laptop: Hi all,Thought it may not be possible, I wanted to see if there is a way I can tell my laptop win 10 to use wallpaper "X" when two monitors are connected, and use wallpaper "Y" when there is only one, the laptop display. Similar to how you can tell the laptop to not sleep...
  9. BSOD when unplugging external monitor from laptop hdmi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when unplugging external monitor from laptop hdmi: Hello, I have big problem, every time I unplug second monitor I get BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I have tried reinstall drivers and then windows too. But it didnt help. It should be a software error, when with second monitor everything works fine, right? Here is a...
  10. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop as second monitor: Hi, i try to use my laptop as second monitor but on my main pc there is not option to connect to this laptop... Can be one on wi-fi and second on ethernet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-as-second-monitor/606b7f2d-ada9-482d-b682-69935623bf4a