Windows 10: Keeping access to Outlook on Windows 10 Home after disconnecting from college domain

Discus and support Keeping access to Outlook on Windows 10 Home after disconnecting from college domain in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The only access I have to my school email is through a backup I made in Outlook. I am experiencing issues with still being connected to my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by witchmark, Dec 15, 2020.

1. witchmark Win User

Keeping access to Outlook on Windows 10 Home after disconnecting from college domain

The only access I have to my school email is through a backup I made in Outlook. I am experiencing issues with still being connected to my old college's domain and would like to disconnect my laptop from it, but I'm not sure what programs my laptop might be running because of the domain. If I disconnect my laptop from the school domain, will I lose access to Outlook? My computer is currently running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362, Build 18362.

:)

witchmark, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2020
  4. changari Win User

Keeping access to Outlook on Windows 10 Home after disconnecting from college domain

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Keeping access to Outlook on Windows 10 Home after disconnecting from college domain - Similar Threads - Keeping access Outlook

2. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access: I can barely use Windows 10 with wifi controlled devices things such as wifi controlled audio mixers, where they use their own wifi hotspot. Because they use their own wifi hotspot and don't have access to the internet, there of course isn't any actual internet access, but...
  3. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access: I can barely use Windows 10 with wifi controlled devices things such as wifi controlled audio mixers, where they use their own wifi hotspot. Because they use their own wifi hotspot and don't have access to the internet, there of course isn't any actual internet access, but...
  4. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I disconnect my college from my drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disconnect my college from my drive?: I have a Dell laptop. I'm trying to disconnect my previous college from my computers drive, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disconnect-my-college-from-my-drive/2858083d-2af7-423b-89e4-642d587840c7
  6. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when there is no internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when there is no internet access: I use my android smartphone as wifi hotspot for my laptop and sometimes due to a network issue my data connection disconnects for a second or two and quickly reconnects,windows 10 detects this and automatically disconnects from wifi since there is no internet access and i...
  7. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi: My computer keeps disconnecting from wifi, the only solution to fix it is to restart it and then after 5 minutes it disconnects and then I have to restart it again. I found a temporary solution, which is using a network adapter but it also keeps disconnecting so I unplug the...
  8. Windows 10, keeps disconnecting from internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, keeps disconnecting from internet: I have Windows 10 installed with all the latest updates. When I boot up, the status shows that it's connected to the internet. And it will stay connected until I click on a browser, then it loses the internet connection. It happens in Chrome, Firefox, Edge & Spotify....
  9. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Cannot access a drive on a Win 10 Home device from domain Win 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access a drive on a Win 10 Home device from domain Win 10 PC: I have had to reinstall W 10 Pro on my desktop PC bound to a Windows Server network. It now won't open a shared drive on my W 10 Home laptop. when I bring it into the office. Both are patched to the latest update. The laptop has two drives (less call them C: and E: shared....