Windows 10: Keeping an image on the Clipboard PERMANENTLY.

Discus and support Keeping an image on the Clipboard PERMANENTLY. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is one particular image that I need to paste into emails from time to time, so I have put it into a WORD file [along with text that I sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Keeping an image on the Clipboard PERMANENTLY.

There is one particular image that I need to paste into emails from time to time, so I have put it into a WORD file [along with text that I sometimes change], and copy it from there whenever I need it.

Because Clipboard has a memory (history), I wonder if there is some way of keeping that image on the clipboard PERMANENTLY. The retrieval procedure has to be simpler than opening WORD, selecting the image, copying it to the clipboard, then pasting it.

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

clipboard

Hi Randy,

This might be possible if there is an option from the app to copy the file path of each clipboards. As per our research, the clipboard manager lets you copy texts but not images. We suggest checking the functionalities of the clipboard manager and contacting
    the app developer directly to have better assistance on how copy the clipboards.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Dec 4, 2019
  3. How can I get rid of the "clipboard" icon on my keyboard?

Hi, Merle Be.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

You may follow these steps to remove the clipboard icon on your keyboard:

1. Under your App list, go to Settings.

2. Tap keyboard under Settings.

3. Tap the keyboard that you are using.

4. Uncheck the "Suggest text".

5. Try copying something again and paste it.

6. Lock the screen and reopen it, then check the clipboard icon on the keyboard if it's still showing.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Keeping an image on the Clipboard PERMANENTLY.

Lost on clipboard

The contents of the clipboard is held in volatile memory (RAM). In Windows 10 it is possible to activate the clipboard history mechanism. AFAIK, there is no such facility in Windows 7. What you copy there is permanently lost when logging off or when copying
    new data.

The process you describe does not quite sound right. I repeated your steps and found that the marked items did NOT disappear from my camera card until I had successfully pasted them into their destination folder.

Regardless of this, using Cut/Paste is high-risk stuff. When manipulating files it is essential to first complete the copy process, check it, and only then delete the source files. I take an extra step like so:

1. I create the folder "Processed" on my SD card.
    2. I copy all pictures to my hard disk.
    3. I move all pictures into the "Processed" folder.
    4. Next time I need to fetch pictures, I delete the "Processed" folder and create a new one.
    In this way I have a copy of the original pictures which I might need in case my editing efforts go wrong.

Frederik Long, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Keeping an image on the Clipboard PERMANENTLY.

1. Keeping an image on the Clipboard PERMANENTLY. - Similar Threads - Keeping image Clipboard

2. Clipboard not opening images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard not opening images: Screenshots taken aren't being saved to the designated "screenshots" folder or anywhere else,as maybe this feature got transferred to the clipboard. Now opening the clipboard, the images are present there but won't open, copy or move from there. Upon clicking on the image,...
  3. Clipboard not opening images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard not opening images: Screenshots taken aren't being saved to the designated "screenshots" folder or anywhere else,as maybe this feature got transferred to the clipboard. Now opening the clipboard, the images are present there but won't open, copy or move from there. Upon clicking on the image,...
  4. Clipboard keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard keeps crashing: So i was using my pc, and suddenly out of nowhere my clipboard stopped working, when i try to open it with windows + v all that shows up is a transparent box that follows my cursor. I tried clearing and re-turning on the clipboard and also an emergency restart which fixed a...
  5. Clipboard keeps crashing

Clipboard keeps crashing: So i was using my pc, and suddenly out of nowhere my clipboard stopped working, when i try to open it with windows + v all that shows up is a transparent box that follows my cursor. I tried clearing and re-turning on the clipboard and also an emergency restart which fixed a...
  6. Clipboard keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to keep open Clipboard in Win11 permanently?

How to keep open Clipboard in Win11 permanently?: I do not want to press Win+V key again and again. Please tell me how to keep Clipboard window permanently open.Also, there is no option to resize the clipboard window. I have a big screen and clipboard window is so tiny. I cannot resize it.Thanks...
  8. How to keep open Clipboard in Win11 permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep open Clipboard in Win11 permanently?: I do not want to press Win+V key again and again. Please tell me how to keep Clipboard window permanently open.Also, there is no option to resize the clipboard window. I have a big screen and clipboard window is so tiny. I cannot resize it.Thanks...
  9. Clipboard images.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard images.: Hello Readers, I want to know that when I take some screenshots or web captures on my laptop, how can I view it. It shows up on the clipboard but when I click on the picture the clipboard just closes and nothing happens. Also, how can I view my copied things on the...
  10. CLIPBOARD - How to access the image in it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CLIPBOARD - How to access the image in it.: how do access the image in the clipboard. nothing happens if i click it, the tray closes. how do i get the screenshot that is in the clipboard.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-how-to-access-the-image-in-it/f6a8fffe-6e23-4ff7-8422-1e93d4d5541a