Windows 10: Keeping Date on taskbar along with clock

Discus and support Keeping Date on taskbar along with clock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to get the date info along with the clock on the taskbar and still choose "small icons"?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M.C.S., Jun 5, 2019.

1. M.C.S. Win User

Keeping Date on taskbar along with clock

Is there a way to get the date info along with the clock on the taskbar and still choose "small icons"?

I had tried since forever to get and keep the month/day/year on my taskbar along with the clock but couldn't get it to stay. Recently I read on one of the forum answers that I needed to change from small icons on the task bar to get the month/day/year to show up. As soon as I changed my choice from "small icons" the date info showed up under the clock!! So....hurray.….?? I don't like the bigger icons and the taskbar is slightly bigger too. I need all the screen space that I can get! Is there a way to get the date info along with the clock on the taskbar and still choose "small icons"? Any help would be greatly appreciated......Kakryn

:)

M.C.S., Jun 5, 2019

2. Clock and date on Taskbar missing

My clock and date disappeared from the taskbar in windows 10. After trying various suggestions, none of which worked, but this did work for me:

Right click on an empty space on the taskbar,

Click settings

In the option "Move Taskbar" move it to right or top of the screen and the clock reappears, when I returned the taskbar back to the bottom, the clock and date was still visible.

Obviously a Microsoft Glitch, in the windows 10 Anniversary update. I haven't restarted my PC since, so will be interesting to see if the clock remains there.

JohnCooling, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Clock and date in taskbar

I have tried every thing I can think of, but the clock and date do NOT show in the taskbar on the right. I've added clock 1 or clock 2, I've gone thru setting and control panel. I've rebooted the computer. How do I get a clock and date to show on my
    taskbar?

WendyCotter, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Keeping Date on taskbar along with clock - Similar Threads - Keeping Date taskbar

2. Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen: I am using Windows 11 and my clock/date just goes offscreen very often, it goes back to normal when I open and close the calendar. Anyone knows how to fix this permanently?This is what I mean:...
  3. Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen: I am using Windows 11 and my clock/date just goes offscreen very often, it goes back to normal when I open and close the calendar. Anyone knows how to fix this permanently?This is what I mean:...
  4. Windows 11 clock and date missing on taskbar

Windows 11 clock and date missing on taskbar: After updating from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro, the clock and date disappeared from my taskbar. It does appear on the task bar when running in safe mode. Pinned icons on the taskbar are also on the left, even though in Taskbar Behaviour, the setting is centre center for...
  5. Taskbar clock, change date format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar clock, change date format.: I wanted to change my Win10 taskbar clock to display DDD M D..It is not in the list of format options. I can't type a custom format. .The annoying part is I know I had it set that way on my old Win 10 computer. It seems this is just another dis"improvment" from MS taking away...
  6. Taskbar clock, change date format.

Taskbar clock, change date format.: I wanted to change my Win10 taskbar clock to display DDD M D..It is not in the list of format options. I can't type a custom format. .The annoying part is I know I had it set that way on my old Win 10 computer. It seems this is just another dis"improvment" from MS taking away...
  7. Taskbar clock, change date format.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Taskbar clock won't display date again

Taskbar clock won't display date again: Recently I posted a question asking about why the clock at the taskbar won't show the long date format. The offered solution was to write short date "d.M.yyyy" as long "dddd, dd. MMMM yyyy". In my opinion that only dodged the problem and didn't solve it, but it worked. Here...
  9. Clock and date on taskbar

Clock and date on taskbar: Hey all I just installed the new preview of Win 10 19624 and now my time and date are gone. I tried the right click to go to properties to fix it and properties weren't there. I went to the settings menu and didn't see it there either. How can I fix this?...
  10. Clock and date in taskbar

Clock and date in taskbar: I have tried every thing I can think of, but the clock and date do NOT show in the taskbar on the right. I've added clock 1 or clock 2, I've gone thru setting and control panel. I've rebooted the computer. How do I get a clock and date to show on my taskbar?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why the date in taskbar is w missing

2. windows clock taskbar turn off day date