Windows 10: Keeping Drivers Updated

Discus and support Keeping Drivers Updated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, How can I make sure that my drivers are updated to the latest version? Is there a software I can use to do this? Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TechWorld543, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Keeping Drivers Updated

Hello Microsoft Community,

How can I make sure that my drivers are updated to the latest version? Is there a software I can use to do this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

TechWorld543, Feb 12, 2019

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Keeping Drivers Updated

Audio driver keeps failing

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for responding.

Do let u know if you have referred through the Microsoft article and tried to deploy those troubleshooting steps?

If already deployed and the issue still persists, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Keeping Drivers Updated

1. Keeping Drivers Updated - Similar Threads - Keeping Drivers Updated

2. Windows Update keep disabling my AMD Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keep disabling my AMD Drivers: Hi, I don't know why but since I formatted my pc a few days ago, I've getting a lot of blue screen, when I restart the pc and open the AMD Software a message appear saying "the version of your software is not compatiblie with your currently installed graphic drivers..."...
  3. SteamVR keeps telling to update Graphics driver

in Windows 10 News
    SteamVR keeps telling to update Graphics driver: [ATTACH]SteamVR may sometimes, keep asking users to update their Graphic driver, even though they have updated it. The error message says the following: SteamVR performs best with an up to date graphics driver. We recommend that you update yours now. If you are one of these...
  4. Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers: I've tried: Updates are paused till 4th Feb 2020 Kept all connections as metered connections Removed old driver files using Driver Store Explorer Registry Group policy Hid sound driver using "Show or Hide updates" troubleshooter These sound driver updates are greyed...
  5. Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy: I have enabled 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update', also automatic device installation is disabled. I'm on a metered connection but the sound driver keeps downloading every time. I also don't have any assistant crap that came with the laptop. I used Driver Store...
  6. Windows Update - keeps updating HP obsolete USB (Driver?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - keeps updating HP obsolete USB (Driver?): Running W10 64bit level 1903 on Dell desktop PC. Windows Update every month at least, keeps offering me (and installing) this "update": Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00AM - 44.1.2402.1741 (15) I have never selected to install this update, but Windows Update...
  7. Keeping Windows 10 Drivers Updated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keeping Windows 10 Drivers Updated: I have an Dell Alienware R15 R3, circa 2016, which I have just performed a clean install of W10 1903 on. Up until now, I had just put up with whatever came from the factory while it was still under warranty. It is a relief to have a clean machine now, but I was wondering what...
  8. Intel driver update keeps saying graphics driver update avalable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel driver update keeps saying graphics driver update avalable: Intel Driver updater found new driver today, 5058. It installed no problem, logged in reliability checker and version updated in Intel Control Panel. But the updater keeps saying new driver available, but even its saying current version 5058 and update is, again, 5058. Am I...
  9. Hidden driver update keeps returning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hidden driver update keeps returning: Good morning, tenors, I have an HP 10-e, basically a nice touch screen netbook. It was designed for Win 8, and took the upgrade to Win10 very nicely, except for the display driver. The notebook began to perform very sluggishly once I had completed all the updates. In task...
  10. Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver: Hi, I need an older version of the nvidia driver to be installed on my computer. But windows 10 keeps updating it every time even with "Never install driver software from Windows Update" checked (as the figure). Any idea to prevent this? Thanks [img] 12237