Windows 10: Keeping English input from physical keyboard while also using Russian on-screen keyboard?

Discus and support Keeping English input from physical keyboard while also using Russian on-screen keyboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I am trying to learn Russian and as a part of it I need to type in Russian Cyrillic. I need a virtual Russian keyboard and while I can add it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StablerNose720, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Keeping English input from physical keyboard while also using Russian on-screen keyboard?

Hi all,

I am trying to learn Russian and as a part of it I need to type in Russian Cyrillic. I need a virtual Russian keyboard and while I can add it as an input language, it also changes the input from my English keyboard to their respective Russian letters. How can I maintain English input from my physical keyboard while having a Russian on-screen keyboard?

- PS. My computer isn't touch screen (I'd prefer to click anyway) if that changes anything

:)

StablerNose720, Jul 31, 2019

2. Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. If you are using an external (English) keyboard, then you can go to
      Settings > Time & Language > Language > Click on
      Add a language.
    2. Then, search for Russian language under
      Preferred languages, and then select Options.
    3. Select Download from the Download language pack option.
    4. After the language pack is installed, go back and choose a language from the
      Windows display language menu.
    5. Restart the computer once for the changes to take effect.

For more information on input and display, you may also refer Manage
    your input and display language settings in Windows 10

The above steps will change the system language to Russian and you can use the external keyboard to type the Russian language from English keyboard.

I've tried replicating the same thing on a Touch Keyboard and using
    On-Screen Keyboard, but we cannot change these settings for a Touch Keyboard or an On-Screen Keyboard. If you want to make these changes to Touch Keyboard or an On-Screen Keyboard, then I suggest you to post your feedback in
    Feedback Hub. Our developers are collating
    suggestions for the improvement of your experience in using input and display language settings.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Russian Input Keyboard ЯШЕРТЫ is Not Working on Touch Keyboard

Background

When I am at my computer, I am usually sitting reclined with my feet up on my desk. As a result, I like to use a mouse and touch keyboard to type. It saves me my lower back. It also happens that I communicate in Russian in addition to English. And, I prefer
    the ЯШЕ ТЫ layout to the ЙЦУКЕН layout. So, on my touch keyboard I have 2 input methods: ENG and УС. Under language options for the Russian input method, I've added "Russian - Mnemonic ЯШЕ ТЫ" keyboard and I've been using it for 3 - 4 years now without
    too many problems until this week.

Problems

I have 2 Windows 10 machines – desktop and a laptop with a docking station – and they both started showing the same problems after the latest update.

Problem #1:

When I click with a mouse on a touch keyboard when it is set to Russian input method, certain letters are producing a space instead of the letter. The letters for which this is happening are: ыщсчйц.

Problem #2:

When I click on letter ю, I get п.

Problem #3:

Inside of this input form and inside of the Edge browser, I cannot switch between English and Russian input methods by using ALT+SHIFT. I have to click on some Windows window for it to work.

Please fix these ASAP. I am not a handicap person and when I get frustrated I sit up and type on the keyboard, but assuming there are people that have to use a mouse to type on the touch keyboard in Russian then they may need this to be fixed as soon as
    possible.

RaminMelikov, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Keeping English input from physical keyboard while also using Russian on-screen keyboard?

Malayalam Keyboard

Just to confirm, are you talking about a physical keyboard or a software? If your goal is to be able to use Malayalam as an input language, you can follow the steps in the article provided above. Once you set it as default and restart your computer, Malayalam
    will be the input language, even if your keyboard is the normal QWERTY English keyboard. If you need the On-Screen Keyboard, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access.
    • Choose Keyboard.
    • Turn on the On-Screen Keyboard. As long as your input language is Malayalam, the On-Screen Keyboard will show the Malayalam alphabet instead of the English alphabet.

If you are looking for programs that will let you type in Malayalam without changing your computer's default language, we suggest searching for Malayalam apps in the Windows Store.

Let us know if you need more help with enabling Malayalam on your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Keeping English input from physical keyboard while also using Russian on-screen keyboard?

1. Keeping English input from physical keyboard while also using Russian on-screen keyboard? - Similar Threads - Keeping English input

2. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  3. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  4. Onscreen keyboard different from physical keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onscreen keyboard different from physical keyboard: When I press shift + 2, it gives me ", instead of @ and vice versa for shift + ' Backslash and the straight line are not even typed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onscreen-keyboard-different-from-physical-keyboard/898b2845-2124-4209-bb23-5e1b6cc8346f
  5. russian keyboard/onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    russian keyboard/onscreen keyboard: Is there any way to type in russian, using the cyrilic alphabet. i don't want to type phonetically with an english keyboard nor do i want to switch over to exclusively a russian keyboard. is there an option to use on occasion?what is the onscreen keyboard for? I have...
  6. russian keyboard/onscreen keyboard

russian keyboard/onscreen keyboard: Is there any way to type in russian, using the cyrilic alphabet. i don't want to type phonetically with an english keyboard nor do i want to switch over to exclusively a russian keyboard. is there an option to use on occasion?what is the onscreen keyboard for? I have...
  7. russian keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    russian keyboard: Is there any way to type in russian, using the cyrilic alphabet. i don't want to type phonetically with an english keyboard nor do i want to switch over to exclusively a russian keyboard. is there an option to use on occasion?...
  8. russian keyboard

russian keyboard: Is there any way to type in russian, using the cyrilic alphabet. i don't want to type phonetically with an english keyboard nor do i want to switch over to exclusively a russian keyboard. is there an option to use on occasion?...
  9. How to transfer <, > symbols from russian keyboard to English keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to transfer <, > symbols from russian keyboard to English keyboard: I have an English+Russian keyboard on my laptop. I use English most of the time. Every time I want to insert "<,>" symbols I have to press Shift+the key containing"," and "<" symbolsor the key with "." and ">" symbols or have to switch to the Russian keyboard. How can I make...
  10. Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.: Hello, Help me to learn how to set my keyboard, to use English keys but type Russian. I mean, set in such a way, when English letter "R" = Russian letter "Р" ***Changed Original Title From: Keyboard***...