Windows 10: Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops

Discus and support Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Someone had already asked my question, but didn't get an answer, I've searched and I haven't found any solution or even answer if its possible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KillMyDepression, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops

Someone had already asked my question, but didn't get an answer, I've searched and I haven't found any solution or even answer if its possible. Basically, when you switch between virtual desktops using Ctrl+Winkey+Left arrow or right arrow the game gets minimized so when you switch back to the desktop with your game, you gotta open it up from the taskbar, which is annoying. Anyway for it to stay fullscreened on that desktop?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...llscreen/7e2c2b00-d1ab-4112-82f9-90da3fa874c7

submitted by /u/KillMyDepression
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KillMyDepression, Dec 28, 2020
  2. sirBait Win User

Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Cindy_602 Win User
    Virtual Desktops

When I open an App, i.e. Excel, on one Virtual Desktop and then try and open an excel doc. from file explorer on a second virtual desktop the doc opens up and switches views to the original virtual desktop making using virtual desktops frustrating and time
    consuming. Is there anyway to keep this from happening?

Cindy_602, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops

Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Switching Animation

Hello Patrick,

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Please provide your computer's specification.
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Does the issue also occurs on other games or applications?

Meanwhile, we suggest to apply the steps on this article
    to improve your PC's performance.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops

1. Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops - Similar Threads - Keeping game full

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. Switching Desktops while in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Desktops while in game: Hi, I only have one monitor and when playing games like to switch to discord using the desktop switch command: Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow and Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow. This used to work, while I was in game but it hasn't of late, and I was wondering if their was...
  5. Switching Desktops while in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Desktops while in game: Hi, I only have one monitor and when playing games like to switch to discord using the desktop switch command: Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow and Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow. This used to work, while I was in game but it hasn't of late, and I was wondering if their was...
  6. Quick switch between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick switch between virtual desktops: There has to be a shortcut for quickly switching between desktops. I have used 3 rd party applications but they're just not stable enough. I can see why this has been a problem for the developers. Considering there can be any number of virtual desktops coming up with a...
  7. windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops: Bug reproduce: OS: windows 10: 1803 (x64 intel 7500U 8G ram) it is easy to reproduce the bug.... When I press Task View it will show currently opened apps on this desktop (e.g. desktop 1) then I add a new virtual desktop (e.g. desktop 2) Now Task View shows I have...
  8. Monitor switching to desktop while gaming (The game keeps focus)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor switching to desktop while gaming (The game keeps focus): First off the computer runs Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The issue also only happens with 3D games (Overlord, Styx, Oddworld: New and Tasty) all of which are run from Steam. They can run properly on paper (Overlord came out 2007 ffs). There are games using 3D graphics that work...
  9. Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: How to: Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple virtual desktops. Create custom...
  10. Switching between full screen apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between full screen apps: I know not many people use full screen apps, but how do you easily switch between them in 8/8.1 go to start screen load app go to start screen load another app now you can mouse to top left and select which app you want in 10 go to start screen load app and use...