Windows 10: Keeping Office 2016 during Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro upgrade?

Discus and support Keeping Office 2016 during Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro upgrade? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry if this is a noob question but I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this on Google... My workplace (small business) has an all-in-one HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brainsyfoodie, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Keeping Office 2016 during Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro upgrade?

Sorry if this is a noob question but I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this on Google... My workplace (small business) has an all-in-one HP computer with Windows 10 Home and Office Home & Business 2016. We're about to install a new software that requires Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise, so we need to upgrade. My question is : will we be able to keep Office 2016? Our business email is on Outlook so we really want to keep all our data. I imagine the upgrade will not affect this, but I just want to make sure before we go ahead. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/brainsyfoodie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brainsyfoodie, Jun 4, 2020

2. Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

I agree with this. No one is stopping me from using my purchased 2007 Office. Works just great for my needs 11 years later.

I can understand why MS would want to shed many versions of window support for office that doesn't play well with Win 10 coding. I'm all for moving forward to create a better user experience. Might finally upgrade and keep Office 2019 for 10 years until 2029 to make it worth it again. *Big Grin Keeping Office 2016 during Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro upgrade? :D

Power Slave, Jun 4, 2020
  3. ssdpro Win User
    Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

I don't see how this pushes anyone to upgrade. There really isn't any need to "buckle in". Users are always free to keep using Windows XP (wat), Windows 7, Windows whatever and any version of office released while in mainstream support. Office 2010, 2013, and Office 2016 work great. Windows 7 works fine. Windows 8 works fine. Windows 10 works fine. Each OS version, just like the competition, have flaws or annoyances. Always have, always will. No need to sit around and whine - if you don't like the OS you use feel free to write your own and see how it goes.

Microsoft is designing Office 2019 to work with Windows 10 instead a gimped version that is unstable or missing features in older outdated OS releases. It is really simple.

ssdpro, Jun 4, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Keeping Office 2016 during Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro upgrade?

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

File compatibility maybe ?. Thankfully i don't have to use it and can just use some thing like Open Office if need be.

AsRock, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Keeping Office 2016 during Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro upgrade?

1. Keeping Office 2016 during Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro upgrade? - Similar Threads - Keeping Office 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 PRO WITH OFFICE 2016 ANNOYING CHANGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 PRO WITH OFFICE 2016 ANNOYING CHANGE: Would really appreciate some help please how can i get rid of annoying options which i do not want or need , am not very technical could a recent update cause this. Have only ever used the simple choice save or not save to my desktop computer, it suddenly started offering...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro keeps failing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro keeps failing.: For four days I have been trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. The install keeps failing. You won't believe this - all of a sudden I now have Windows Enterprise on my computer. I have asked for someone to call me. Was supposed to call in 3 minutes, it has...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade: I upgraded from Windows 10 home to Pro on 3/27/19 on a new Asus computer. That Asus has now fried the mother board and I would like to use the upgrade to Pro on my new Dell. Is this possible? I am not fixing the Asus due to the cost of the motherboard. Thanks....
  5. Office 2016 and Windows 10

Office 2016 and Windows 10: Hello there! Can I load Office 2016 with Windows 10? Do I need to switch out of S Mode to do this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016-and-windows-10/1e03d580-f86b-4e75-92ab-05afe819f2ad
  6. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro: I just bought a new laptop. Came with Windows 10 Home. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Went to Microsoft Store and purchase Window 10 Pro upgrade. After purchasing it and install. Windows try to Active but it can't. I know that Windows 10 Home was Activate before...
  7. Upgrade windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade windows 10 Home to Pro: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro Edition. I have a product key. When I go to update the Activation asks for a series of 6 digit numbers. My product key is all 5 digit numbers. I had it on a laptop that is no longer usable. How do I activate this ?...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hello! I've thinking to create a Active Director to control ~30 Windows machines. But all these machines are Windows Home (OEM). Can I upgrade all of them to Windows Pro in my company using Windows Store? Or need I to contact some Microsoft Business Center? Thanks in...
  9. Windows Home Office 2016

Windows Home Office 2016: I have Purchased Windows Home Office 2016 and want to install it. Do I have to remove Windows Home Office 2007 first? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-home-office-2016/421008f3-bd4f-4308-9651-40f0596e2fad
  10. Windows 10; Office 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10; Office 2016: Suddenly the keyboard does not start up with num lock ON! Cannot find any settings relating to this. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-office-2016/ea4a6ad5-06d7-4757-88e4-ed1333e027df