Windows 10: keeping older versions of Windows 10

Discus and support keeping older versions of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used to routinely accept updates sent by Microsoft to my Windows 10 laptop. I have the Home version of the OS. However, both the v2004 and 20H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VAgolferWP, Apr 3, 2021.

1. keeping older versions of Windows 10

I used to routinely accept updates sent by Microsoft to my Windows 10 laptop. I have the Home version of the OS. However, both the v2004 and 20H2 version have upended my WiFi when installed. Last fall and last month respectively. In both cases, I had to revert back to my older version to have WiFi on the laptop again. If I stick with this older version, what will ultimately happen? Will the software still work, just not be supported? Thanks.

:)

VAgolferWP, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Apr 3, 2021
  4. keeping older versions of Windows 10

Older games freezing up screen but keep playing on windows 10

Hi,

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work on Windows 10. However, some older programs might run poorly or not at all. To resolve your concern, you may run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter by following
    the steps on this link to automatically detect and fix some of the most common
    issues.

You may run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

We also recommend that you update your graphics card drivers. Here's how:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

Loraine Mon, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

keeping older versions of Windows 10

1. keeping older versions of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - keeping older versions

2. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  3. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  4. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 older version

Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  6. Windows 10 older version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  7. Windows 10 older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  9. Older "version" of windows 10

Older "version" of windows 10: When I first upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 using Microsoft media creation tool, windows 10 that was installed was the newest versionwith microsoft edge, white search bar and cortana on the task bar and all. After sometime that version was corruptedlagging a lot...
  10. Install an older version of Windows 10

Install an older version of Windows 10: Hi, My Windows 10 was recently updated to 1809, which unfortunately messed up my fps in games (again... had the same issues with 1803). As I already tried all the suggestions available online (disable game bar and full screen optimisations...bla bla), I want to install an...