Windows 10: Keeping original filename when printing to PDF

Discus and support Keeping original filename when printing to PDF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all I am using 3rd party tools, such as CutePDF and Bullzip PDF to print html files to PDF format. Original file name was retained. e.g if filename... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thanasis Papanastasiou, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Keeping original filename when printing to PDF

Hi all

I am using 3rd party tools, such as CutePDF and Bullzip PDF to print html files to PDF format. Original file name was retained. e.g if filename was jack.html, resulting PDF filename was jack.pdf. Yesterday, my computer was updated with the 2021-04 cumulative update for Windows 10 20H2.

Since then, original filename is not retained. It has now a random filename like FG0TR23.pdf.

Keeping original filename is very important for my applications.

Please help.

:)

Thanasis Papanastasiou, Apr 16, 2021

2. Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Keeping original filename when printing to PDF

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Keeping original filename when printing to PDF

1. Keeping original filename when printing to PDF - Similar Threads - Keeping original filename

2. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: When I print to a PDF, it used to be that the filename was populated in the save dialog window so I didn't need to type it and the folder location was the last location I saved a PDF to. Now, the file name is "Blank" and I need to manually type something in. How do I get the...
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: When I print to a PDF, it used to be that the filename was populated in the save dialog window so I didn't need to type it and the folder location was the last location I saved a PDF to. Now, the file name is "Blank" and I need to manually type something in. How do I get the...
  4. Keeping original filename when printing to PDF

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keeping original filename when printing to PDF: Hi all I am using 3rd party tools, such as CutePDF and Blullzip PDF to print html files to PDF format. Original file name was retained. e.g if filename was jack.html, resulting PDF filename was jack.pdf. Yesterday, my computer was updated with the 2021-04 cumulative update...
  5. Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to PDF: Was no longer able to use my Print to PDF via Microsoft so I disabled it through windows features. However, it won't let me turn it back on....Please advise. I received the following message every time: "The changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer and try...
  6. Printing to PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing to PDF: Hi, My hard drive was recently corrupted. It is fixed now, but I don't seem to be able to print a Microsoft Word document to PDF any more. I get a message that says " There was an internal error, and Internet explorer is unable to print this document". Haven't a clue what...
  7. Print to PDF

Print to PDF: Hi, I frequently use MS print to PDF I often want to combine several pages into one PDF from separate sources. Whilst I can combine PDFs this is cumbersome. Can MS print to PDF have an extra print option to include a feature to append to an existing PDF please TY...
  8. print to pdf

print to pdf: program will not print to pdf. gives error of "the handle is invalid" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-to-pdf/3d1324f5-5128-451e-b42d-da790d1f1910
  9. Pdf printing

Pdf printing: My Microsoft print to pdf dissapeared from my printer selection, only have my printers and Microsoft XPS writer to choose from How do I get it back not available as a download able app ???????? Help...
  10. PDF PRINTING

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF PRINTING: HI; Was trying to print a PDF doc, when I use the 'more' button on the upper right to select 'print' my PRINT to PDF is not there anymore. I went over my HP ENVY 5660 printer and downloaded the necessary 'stuff', but in reality the PRINT to PDF menu is gone from my HP W10...