Windows 10: Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock.

Discus and support Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Lads, a question. I can connect my phone to my pc (windows 10, with Bluetooth adapter) over Bluetooth for a specific task, like a file transfer or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VaderSpeaks, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock.

Lads, a question. I can connect my phone to my pc (windows 10, with Bluetooth adapter) over Bluetooth for a specific task, like a file transfer or playing music. But the second the task is completed, the connection simply drops. My question is how do I keep it connected without actively doing anything over Bluetooth? All I need is for my device to remain unlocked while it's in range of my pc.

submitted by /u/VaderSpeaks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VaderSpeaks, Jul 21, 2020

2. Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Casting Android phone to Windows 10 PC using Connect App

Hi Roasted715Jr,

The problem could be with the app itself. Have you tried reinstalling the app on both devices? See if an update is available for both devices. Please note that the Connect app uses the Miracast standard. Also, make sure that you have the latest updates installed
    on your Windows 10 PC.

Please make sure to follow these steps to be able to get your Android device display to show up onto the Windows 10 PC:

1. On the Android device, locate the Screen Mirroring icon and tap on it.
    2. The interface will show a list of existing or available devices that content can be cast to. In that same interface, tap on the
      More Settings button.
    3. Locate and tap the button located in the upper right and is represented by three dots.
    4. Make sure that the Enable wireless display option is checked. This will instantly put the Android device into detection mode and allow other devices to find it.
    5. On your Windows 10 PC, launch the Connect app.
    6. With the Connect app running, the PC should now be detected by the Android device. Tap on the PC name on the Android device to cast display across the Windows 10 PC.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock.

I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to cast your android device to Windows 10 PC using connect app. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Android version installed on the device?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to cast the device.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on System and then click
      Projecting to this PC
    3. Under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it’s OK select the drop down to
      Available everywhere.
    4. Now under Ask to project to this PC select
      First time only.
    5. Under Require PIN for pairing select
      Never.
    6. Now under This PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source toggle the switch to On/Off.

Once you set these settings follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      Connect.
    2. Now open Settings on your
      Phone
      and click on Connecteddevices.
    3. Then select Cast and choose the PC
      name

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock.

1. Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock. - Similar Threads - Keeping connected Android

2. Samsung Smart Switch for PC and Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Smart Switch for PC and Android: After updating the Smart Switch App I use to sync my Android Phone to my PC the Smart Switch App is opening in Windows Media Player on the computer and will not connect and sync to my phone. When running the troubleshooting option the Issues Found: Incompatible Program. I...
  3. Samsung Smart Switch for PC and Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Smart Switch for PC and Android: After updating the Smart Switch App I use to sync my Android Phone to my PC the Smart Switch App is opening in Windows Media Player on the computer and will not connect and sync to my phone. When running the troubleshooting option the Issues Found: Incompatible Program. I...
  4. Samsung Smart Switch for PC and Android

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO: I am a MS 365 subscriber and utilize MS Office products on my OnePlus 7T android phone and on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet. I have been using MightyText to send and receive SMS/MMS messages on my tablet AND via a Chrome extension on my PC. I have recently tried MS Your...
  6. Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO: I am a MS 365 subscriber and utilize MS Office products on my OnePlus 7T android phone and on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet. I have been using MightyText to send and receive SMS/MMS messages on my tablet AND via a Chrome extension on my PC. I have recently tried MS Your...
  7. Connect Android to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Android to PC: I cannot link my android phone to my pc using "Your Phone" app. Keep getting message "cannot connect at this time, try later" Any ideas? I have a wired internet connection which allows me to access all other areas I have tried....
  8. PC shows "Connected" Android device shows "Couldn't Connect"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC shows "Connected" Android device shows "Couldn't Connect": With bluetooth My Windows 10 Home PC and S10+ will pair. The PC shows "Connected" but my S10+ shows "Couldn't Connect". Searched this forum and others and have tried every possible fix several times. PC Sharing is ON. Tried two different bluetooth dongles. Uninstalled and...
  9. Connecting PC & Android

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting PC & Android: Mt phone app is asking for me to send a notification from my PC - how do I do this on the PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-pc-android/3a7be6c5-c29f-42ea-9726-1b90d18e3e12
  10. Android Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Android Device: I have had identity theft issues for 2 years my device is 6 weeks and is full of malware. I am attacked on purpose. I figure we could download window 10 I also think that cleaning tool will do wanders thanks I have it on my laptop unless I should pay again Im ok with that...