Windows 10: Keeping programs open

Discus and support Keeping programs open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My granddaughter seen me using my laptop yesterday .If I wish to use a program I double click the desktop icon and it opens up. She told me why don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, Sep 12, 2018.

1. dafydd Win User

Keeping programs open

My granddaughter seen me using my laptop yesterday .If I wish to use a program I double click the desktop icon and it opens up.
    She told me why don't you just leave the programs you use most of the time just close them down to the task bar so they will open quickly .
    Would that be a good idea.
    Many Thanks.

:)

dafydd, Sep 12, 2018
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Keeping programs open

Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Keeping programs open

1. Keeping programs open - Similar Threads - Keeping programs open

2. Opening Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Programs: Starting about two weeks ago, most of the programs on my desktop are listed on google when I try to open them. I find the program on Google and left-click on it and it opens. However, if there is no more room in Google to list a particular program, that program will not open...
  3. W10 keeps asking for what program to open a file with

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 keeps asking for what program to open a file with: Hi, W10 randomly keeps asking what program to use to open a file, but the filetypes and programs are already associated and been working before. It even knows what's the program to use when asking for it. I need to confirm everything then it's ok for a while, until it...
  4. Opening programs keep appearing half offscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening programs keep appearing half offscreen: Like in the title, whenever I open a new program whether its powerpoint or word or chrome, the program appears half off screen and part showing so that I then have to drag it out and maximize the screen. Ultimately it's a minor annoyance and not a huge issue, but I would love...
  5. Program not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program not opening: My computer was has been completely fine until I went to open Google Chrome, and although it shows the program launching, as soon as the screen pops up it immediately closes. I have just installed updates literally an hour ago. I have un-installed and re-installed. I have...
  6. Programs Not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Not opening: So I Cant open few programs Task manager, Chrome, Pycharm like by pressing ctrl+shift+esc nothing happens - Taskmanager does work when I run it as administrator - Chrome does not open even if I run it on administrator - Pycharm says "Cant find VR files" I have...
  7. Programs Not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs Not opening: So I Cant open few programs Task manager, Chrome, Pycharm like by pressing ctrl+shift+esc nothing happens - Taskmanager does work when I run it as administrator - Chrome does not open even if I run it on administrator - Pycharm says "Cant find VR files" I have...
  8. Left 1/2 of open programs keeps dissapearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Left 1/2 of open programs keeps dissapearing: I rarely use my desktop, except for printing shipping labels & documents. All of a sudden, within a few minutes of opening any app (ie: Chrome, Stamps, etc) the left 1/2 of the window disappears completely. This was both before & after Windows 10 Update. Help, please? 146746
  9. Programs not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening: (0xc0150004)error dll is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-not-opening/d55cc4c6-ef2b-4bdb-a003-b2a59ba6ab4f
  10. Opening a Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a Program: Hi there everyone! i have a big problem with my PC When i want to open a program (nonsense diamond(its an exploit for a game)) it runs in task manager but its not showing itself in desktop that means the program not showing!!! how can i fix this. this program is kinda...