Windows 10: Keeping screen off upon receiving notifications

Discus and support Keeping screen off upon receiving notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't find any setting to let the screen stay off when: laptop is always on and logged in, after a given time screen goes off, but every incoming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by riccardo.l, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Keeping screen off upon receiving notifications

I don't find any setting to let the screen stay off when:

laptop is always on and logged in, after a given time screen goes off, but every incoming notification makes the screen wake up for a few seconds then off again.

I agree it could be a nice behaviour if so one wishes; but the only way I can think of is switching on/off notifications when I leave pc unattended which is silly..

:)

riccardo.l, Jan 11, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Keeping screen off upon receiving notifications

Notification Screen Keeps Popping Up

Hello Gerald,

If you keep on getting a notification pop-up, you may want to turn off the notification from apps and other senders. You can follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Look for System and select Notifications & actions.
    • Then, turn on/off the Get notifications from apps and other senders option.

If that didn't make any difference, you may consider reverting to your previous version of Windows. You can follow the steps in this
    article. Just look for
    Go back to your previous version of Windows section.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Keeping screen off upon receiving notifications

1. Keeping screen off upon receiving notifications - Similar Threads - Keeping screen off

2. Not receiving notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving notifications in Windows 10: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my Windows 10 PC by not receiving ANY notifications from the action center. To explain further; When I receive a notification, from let's say Discord, a banner won't show up on the bottom-right of the screen but the action center...
  3. Action Center keeps turning off notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Center keeps turning off notifications: I have Windows 10 and have been having an ongoing problem with my Action Center. Every few days, something happens and, even though the action center icon is white and appears to have messages, when I open it there are no messages. I put my cursor over the icon and see "New...
  4. Wrong notification about a received email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong notification about a received email: My PC shows one unopened email in my Microsoft mail app. I can see the sender and the topic but I cannot delete this notification. I restarted my PC but this indication is still there. How can I remove it?...
  5. Only receiving notifications after 9am

Only receiving notifications after 9am: Certain apps, but most consistently a game (Asphalt 9) will only send notifications after 9am and i can't for the life of me figure out why. Within the game itself notifications are turned on but there is no where that you can set a time. Focus assist is turned off. The...
  6. Caps lock ON - OFF notification in screen

Caps lock ON - OFF notification in screen: Dear Team, Please guide me how to on notification for CAPS LOCK ON - OFF which can be displayed in screen. Regards, Praveen 9962051877...
  7. Notifications of messages received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....
  8. Turn off notifications

Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  9. Cannot receive any Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot receive any Notification: Why is my "Show app notifications" toggle button disabled? I cannot receive any notification from app like: Mail, Facebook, Twitter... [img] 13000
  10. Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off: Hello, been having windows 10 for a while now, just recently I started having an issue upon boot. I'm having a little problems explaining the issue, so searching up solutions have proved difficult. I get as far as to the windows icon, next should be the login screen, then...