Windows 10: Keeping search results open

Discus and support Keeping search results open in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I hope I'm missing something here. Is there a way to keep the search results box open? If click away from the box it closes itself which not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by davebesag, Dec 1, 2015.

1. davebesag Win User

Keeping search results open

Hi,

I hope I'm missing something here. Is there a way to keep the search results box open? If click away from the box it closes itself which not what I want to happen.

Dave

:)

davebesag, Dec 1, 2015
  2. TLA_65 Win User

Keep the Search Results window open?

Hello,

How do I keep the search results window open while I check to see if it's the result I want, or just multitask while it is searching, etc. .. If I do a search and then click one result, the window closes .... If I want to check another result, I have to
    type in the whole search parameter again. How can I pin that search result window open?

Thanks.

TLA_65, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Keep the Search Results window open?

Hi

You can also Save the Searches.

After the search results appear, Right Click anywhere in the Results window and select the
    Save Search option.

The search will be saved in your Profile folders, C:\Users\your name\Searches.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

Keeping search results open

1. Keeping search results open - Similar Threads - Keeping search results

2. Can't open search results in new window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open search results in new window: When using windows search, there is no way to open a result in a new window.Clicking "open file location" goes to the folder of the selection IN THE SEARCH WINDOW, LEAVING THE SEARCH RESULTS PAGEThis loses my search that can take hours, this makes search absolutely useless to...
  3. Can't open search results in new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open search results in new window: When using windows search, there is no way to open a result in a new window.Clicking "open file location" goes to the folder of the selection IN THE SEARCH WINDOW, LEAVING THE SEARCH RESULTS PAGEThis loses my search that can take hours, this makes search absolutely useless to...
  4. Can't open search results in new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer "Open file location" opens Search Results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer "Open file location" opens Search Results: Try this: Open Windows Explorer Go to Quick access -> Desktop Right-click on empty area -> New -> Text Document Search "New Text Document" without quotes In the search results, right-click "New Text Document.txt" -> Send to -> Desktop create shortcut Go back to Quick access...
  6. Recent files open by an App in search result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files open by an App in search result: How do i clear recent files open by an App in search result? I've try to clear all history from Explorer's Option I've try to Disable "Show recently opened item in jump list...." at start setting. please help Here is the recent that i mean, tat colored by yellow in...
  7. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  8. Windows Search Results keeps switching view

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Results keeps switching view: Hi, I really really hope someone can help me. My issue is that whenever I search for a file and it takes me to all my results, as soon as I double click a folder within the results it will take me to that particular folder and then after 1/2 second, it will automatically...
  9. Documents in Taskbar Search results open in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents in Taskbar Search results open in Explorer: Hello again I'm having a weird problem. Suddenly, whenever I search for a document of any kind (xls, docx, pdf, doesn't matter), using the Taskbar Search, the document will open in File Explorer when i click it, rather than the program that's supposed to open it. For...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...