Windows 10: Keeping settings intact on update?

Discus and support Keeping settings intact on update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if there is anything that I can do in settings to keep Windows from reverting changes I've made when it updates. Windows keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by grunthelford, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Keeping settings intact on update?

Hi, I was wondering if there is anything that I can do in settings to keep Windows from reverting changes I've made when it updates. Windows keeps adding and reactivating things I don't use and have stripped out as much as the OS will let me, such as turning Weather on the taskbar back on, reinstalling Edge, etc. Is there anywhere in the settings I can tell the system to leave my preferences alone when updating, or am I stuck digging through settings every time? Any help would be really appreciated.

:)

grunthelford, Jul 27, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 27, 2021
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Keeping settings intact on update?

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Keeping settings intact on update?

1. Keeping settings intact on update? - Similar Threads - Keeping settings intact

2. Upgrading From 8.1, Keeping License Intact

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading From 8.1, Keeping License Intact: Hello all, thanks for being here. I'm going to be helping someone soon upgrade both the hardware and the OS in her Windows 8.1 computer. I'd like to verify my planned steps and see if anyone would like to offer suggestions for improvement. Hardware: Max RAM her M/B will...
  3. Upgrading From 8.1, Keeping License Intact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading From 8.1, Keeping License Intact: Hello all, thanks for being here. I'm going to be helping someone soon upgrade both the hardware and the OS in her Windows 8.1 computer. I'd like to verify my planned steps and see if anyone would like to offer suggestions for improvement. Hardware: Max RAM her M/B will...
  4. Upgrading From 8.1, Keeping License Intact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Keep Files and Settings at Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Keep Files and Settings at Update: I am running the latest version of Windows 11 prior to 22H2 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 8. It was originally installed as Home and I then upgraded it to Pro. Now I tried to install the 22H2 upgrade, but the installation option to keep my apps and settings is greyed out with a...
  6. Cannot Keep Files and Settings at Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Keep Files and Settings at Update: I am running the latest version of Windows 11 prior to 22H2 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 8. It was originally installed as Home and I then upgraded it to Pro. Now I tried to install the 22H2 upgrade, but the installation option to keep my apps and settings is greyed out with a...
  7. Reinstall Windows on one disk and keep all other disks intact

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows on one disk and keep all other disks intact: Hi there,I have an M.2 SSD being used as my Windows install disk, but I just ordered a new 2TB M.2 to replace it and I'm planning on fresh installing Windows 10 onto that new drive.I have some concerns about maintaining my partitions. Here is my structure.Disk 4 - Basic, NTFS...
  8. Windows update in settings keeps loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update in settings keeps loading: Ive recently tried to install the xbox app for pc but when i did it gace me an error that windowsbupdate isnt running, so i wen in settings and pressed on windows update but it kept loading for hours. I tried using the troubleshooting too in the same settings tab but it said...
  9. Keeping files/programs intact when upgrading from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeping files/programs intact when upgrading from W7 to W10: Hi. I have a couple questions regarding upgrading from windows 7 to 10. I was considering upgrading for a while now, but i have one problem. I want to keep my games/programs/files intact when upgrading to windows 10. Now i know that W10 gives you the option to do that anyway,...
  10. Clean install of Windows 10 keeping intact partition with data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of Windows 10 keeping intact partition with data: Hi, I have to install Windows 10 Pro in a bootable hard drive of about 1Tb (model WD10EARS), formatted like this: first an 850Gb NTFS partition with data, and then 150Gb of unallocated space. Currently no operating system is installed on the disk. My aim is to install the...