Windows 10: Keeping the same folder options and icon in windows file explorer

Discus and support Keeping the same folder options and icon in windows file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm used to the yellow folder icon for file explorer. [ATTACH] However, this icon keeps changing, so I have to look twice and divert brain power away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dorrel, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Dorrel Win User

Keeping the same folder options and icon in windows file explorer

I'm used to the yellow folder icon for file explorer.

Keeping the same folder options and icon in windows file explorer a70f0219-b387-4d80-9fe1-05bb14dd34db?upload=true.png

However, this icon keeps changing, so I have to look twice and divert brain power away from more important issues. Here's what it looks if I click on downloads

Keeping the same folder options and icon in windows file explorer f50dee1c-3c4f-4d15-9360-0ae3bbd19e1f?upload=true.png
    And in Documents

Keeping the same folder options and icon in windows file explorer 902dbf8a-6b37-4eda-aee1-4216cad66279?upload=true.png
    And if I'm searching for a pdf

Keeping the same folder options and icon in windows file explorer b198b701-6550-4d16-9d81-8294f30051e6?upload=true.png

And the Pictures folder icon
    Keeping the same folder options and icon in windows file explorer da09029c-54b3-4898-9d37-9c4617ce9b11?upload=true.png

In many cases not sure if I can explain exactly when this happens the folder options also change, so I have to keep clicking on the folder options and setting the fields to bring them back to my preferred view.

I have one preferred view that I'd like to use for every single File Explorer View. I would like Windows 10 to remember this and I would also like the same icon on the taskbar - the yellow folder - to avoid the confusion of multiple icons for the same program.

Any ideas?

PS. Icons are useful only if make it easier to recognize the contents of a file. One program I use with windows shows 20 large pdf icons and the start of the file names, all of which area identical. The files came from another source - I didn't name them. A detailed view showing the complete file name would allow me to find the file I want in 1s. As it is, I have a very hard time!

:)

Dorrel, Dec 26, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Keeping the same folder options and icon in windows file explorer - Similar Threads - Keeping same folder

2. Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...: Hello,On Windows 10, when you right-click any folder or file inside your File Explorer, you see the option "always keep on this device". That is at least the case for me if I were to right-click any folder or file, inside File Explorer.Does selecting "always keep on this...
  3. Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...: Hello,On Windows 10, when you right-click any folder or file inside your File Explorer, you see the option "always keep on this device". That is at least the case for me if I were to right-click any folder or file, inside File Explorer.Does selecting "always keep on this...
  4. Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Keep file explorer windows at the same location on the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep file explorer windows at the same location on the screen.: Hi,I use the File Explorer resized to display at the center of the screen. When I open folders, I want the File Explorer to stay at the exact same location on the screen. But Windows 10 keeps changing that when I open folders and I am having to drag them back to where I want...
  6. Keep file explorer windows at the same location on the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep file explorer windows at the same location on the screen.: Hi,I use the File Explorer resized to display at the center of the screen. When I open folders, I want the File Explorer to stay at the exact same location on the screen. But Windows 10 keeps changing that when I open folders and I am having to drag them back to where I want...
  7. Keep file explorer windows at the same location on the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File explorer-Size of each file same as whole folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer-Size of each file same as whole folder: Hello, I have a problem with JPEG and Mp4 files cutted and pasted from my android device via cable to my laptop. Had no problems, when transferring files, but when finished, whole size of the folder changed. What should be the size of the whole folder (12,6GB) is now the...
  9. Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer: Hi folks, I'd love to add more customized icons to those associated by Windows File Explorer / Windows Explorer, so that I can have them express what I want and need. But they all seem to be contained within the Shell.dll file, which I don't think makes it a drag-and-drop...
  10. Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer: I’m using Windows 10 Home V.1607 OS Build 14393.1593. I recently installed Boxcryptor but later decided against it and uninstalled it, but I notice that a Boxcryptor icon is still shown in File Explorer (the 1st item after Desktop) in the Navigation Pane. It also appears in...