Windows 10: Keeping user settings and information when booting from a corporate windows disk image

Discus and support Keeping user settings and information when booting from a corporate windows disk image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When booting from a Corporate Windows Image on my personal computer from home is there a way that would not delete or change my personal system and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brent Rummelt, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Keeping user settings and information when booting from a corporate windows disk image

When booting from a Corporate Windows Image on my personal computer from home is there a way that would not delete or change my personal system and settings?

Thankyou very much,

Regards,

Brent Rummelt

:)

Brent Rummelt, Feb 13, 2021

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Keeping user settings and information when booting from a corporate windows disk image :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Keeping user settings and information when booting from a corporate windows disk image :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Feb 13, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Keeping user settings and information when booting from a corporate windows disk image [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 13, 2021
  4. geotso Win User

Keeping user settings and information when booting from a corporate windows disk image

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Keeping user settings and information when booting from a corporate windows disk image

1. Keeping user settings and information when booting from a corporate windows disk image - Similar Threads - Keeping user settings

2. Advise on system image and a boot disk.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advise on system image and a boot disk.: Win 10 Pro OS. 19042.870 Its been some time since being on and requiring advise of others on these forums. A brief pre-amble, I lost my wife, the kids their mother two years ago, went to bed as we had for the past 25 years, I awoke next morning to find her dead next to me, no...
  3. Can't restore Windows from disk image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't restore Windows from disk image: I can't boot Windows. Created installation media on USB. Automatic repair doesn't work. I have a disk image on an external hard drive and 2 backups. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Screenshots taken on different device. Windows can't find the image. When trying to point to the...
  4. Dual booting Win10 from an image on two separate disks

Dual booting Win10 from an image on two separate disks: Hello Forum! Without giving a long back story like I started with, let's just say, Microsoft updates, audio, latency, WTF is going on and why didn't I disable automatic updates? Way back when, I cloned my old HDD's to SSD's and didn't realize that I lost my system reserved...
  5. Recovery Image Information

Recovery Image Information: Can I shrink a volume before making a System Recovery Image to make it smaller, or will the process still create an image of the entire drive (not the volume)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-image-information/48e33664-4cc3-4c20-8227-a62850497b7a
  6. Recovering information from Zip disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering information from Zip disks: I need to recover some information stored on Iomega Zip disks. I am running windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 3000, Processor - Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @3.20 GHz, 8.00 GB Ram, 64 bit operating system, X64 based processor. I have 2 old Iomega 250mb Zip drives: one (model #...
  7. Edit Information is missing on some users - edit profile image

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Edit Information is missing on some users - edit profile image: Hi, I've used this guide to edit end users profile pictures. https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-bdcd548435b7 In some users I see the option of "Edit Information" and in some users this option is missing. There is a setting that is used to allow me as an administrator to...
  8. user settings information not showing up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user settings information not showing up: Under Account > Settings, do not see my user information. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/user-settings-information-not-showing-up/09596627-d9df-418f-9e28-232c36380819"
  9. Users Information

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Users Information: I have a little mystery. I have just had to fully re-install Win 10 following a significant boot error. It now feels like I have two User accounts, both with admin rights. After the re-instal I signed back in with my normal Google Account and password and was off and...
  10. Lost boot disk for disk image of 10 Professional.

Lost boot disk for disk image of 10 Professional.: I had Windows 10 Professional on my computer which crashed when I was burning a video a couple of weeks ago. The only way to get up and running again was to go to my original Windows 7 disk that I purchased when I got this computer then upgraded to 7 Professional. I had a...