Windows 10: Keeping users from disabling Spotlight

Discus and support Keeping users from disabling Spotlight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having trouble with students being able to change their lock screen image to whatever they want. I have already looked at group policy and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joelphilippage, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Keeping users from disabling Spotlight

I am having trouble with students being able to change their lock screen image to whatever they want.
    I have already looked at group policy and tried enabling the "Prevent changing lock screen image" policy. This does reset the image to the default beach lock screen image for students that changed theirs, but computers with windows spotlight no longer change. Disabling this policy changes everything back. This policy is also only available for each computer and I would like to allow staff members to change their lock screen if they wish.
    Is there a registry key or group policy that will force spotlight on for each student?
    Thank you!
    -Joel

:)

joelphilippage, Oct 23, 2016
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Disabling ads in Windows Spotlight, but keeping the rotation of wallpapers

Hi Darcy,

To disable ads in Windows Spotlight, click on this
    link
    and read the information posted by Jeanie Decker.

Let us know how it goes.

Ramon Imp, Oct 23, 2016
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Disabling ads in Windows Spotlight, but keeping the rotation of wallpapers

Hi Brendan,

If the provided link didn't work for you, we might as well suggest that you post your query on
    TechNet
    forums on how to disable ads in Windows Spotlight. The issue that you're encountering is beyond of what is typically answered in this consumer forum and would be better suited for the IT Pro audience.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Julie Ram, Oct 23, 2016
Thema:

Keeping users from disabling Spotlight

1. Keeping users from disabling Spotlight - Similar Threads - Keeping users disabling

2. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  3. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  4. Spotlight ? keeps freezing my PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight ? keeps freezing my PC!: Hello everyone,I'm currently using Win 10 21H2 and I can't remember when this problem appeared the first time but this has been going on for a while at least a year, even across versions:Certain images that are shown on the lock screen before the login screen, I think it's...
  5. How to disable or remove Windows Spotlight?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable or remove Windows Spotlight?: Windows spotlight is not for me. Please provide working instructions of how to disable or remove it from Windows 10 pro.I ask for working instructions as nothing I tried worked.Tried changing lock screen to image in settings and turning off everything spotlight using group...
  6. is there a way to disable the hyperlinks on windows spotlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a way to disable the hyperlinks on windows spotlight?: I use windows spotlight because I dislike having a static lock screen however the hyperlinks are an eyesore, is there a way to disable them without turning off windows spotlight?...
  7. How to disable on-screen keyboard from user?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable on-screen keyboard from user?: I have tried many ways to stop launching on-screen keyboard from all PC users, but still not work. I saw some solutions about disable osk from launching when starting windows, etc. but that is not my situation, is there any ways to stop/ block / remove/ delete osk from...
  8. Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight: submitted by /u/ILeftMyRoomForThis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igqfmf/changing_lockscreen_disabling_spotlight/
  9. Windows Spotlight is disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight is disabled: Hello! My windows spotlight is disabled or not showing it says some settings are hidden or managed by organization..... I have tried couple of ways as stated by many youtubers but all of them are not working on my windows. My windows is fully activated and genuine but after...
  10. Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education: I recently activated Windows 10 Education on my new PC only to find out that Windows Spotlight is gone. I am running version 1909. I have used Home since the release of Windows 10 and have used Windows Spotlight since its introduction. I am blown away that such an innocent,...