Windows 10: Keeping Windows 10 Drivers Updated

Discus and support Keeping Windows 10 Drivers Updated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Dell Alienware R15 R3, circa 2016, which I have just performed a clean install of W10 1903 on. Up until now, I had just put up with whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Randle McMurphy, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Keeping Windows 10 Drivers Updated

I have an Dell Alienware R15 R3, circa 2016, which I have just performed a clean install of W10 1903 on. Up until now, I had just put up with whatever came from the factory while it was still under warranty. It is a relief to have a clean machine now, but I was wondering what others do to keep a drivers up-to-date? The one nice thing - actually the only nice thing - about the Dell and Alienware branded "support assist" software was that they did notify me of driver updates (NVIDIA, Killer, etc.).

Is the best approach just to periodically visit the manufacturers websites and download updates, or use device manager to check for updates? Or is there some recommended free software that folks use that is not bloatware that can be configured to provide notifications of updates based on what I need to know about?

Thanks for reading.

Randle

:)

Randle McMurphy, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Keeping Windows 10 Drivers Updated

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Keeping Windows 10 Drivers Updated

1. Keeping Windows 10 Drivers Updated - Similar Threads - Keeping Drivers Updated

2. Windows 10 update keeps uninstalling my drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update keeps uninstalling my drivers.: I am using a 485 serial lead for my work, the drivers were installed which was a complicated process to set up the FDTI port and bus etc and all was well, then along came Windows update - "there are no drivers installed for this device, there are no compatible drivers on this...
  3. Windows 10 v. 1909 keeps updating this driver over and over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v. 1909 keeps updating this driver over and over: I'm using Win 10 v 1909 and I have, as of today yet another driver install ready for the "Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741" driver update ... which by the way shows it has already been installed 46 times! Why is this happening and can someone...
  4. Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating

Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating: My older Lenovo desktop system H50 display driver is causing issues, so I rolled back to the default/basic Windows Display driver - which fixes the issue. But...Windows keeps updating it. How can I get Windows to not update this driver?...
  5. Keep unsigned driver, in windows 10

Keep unsigned driver, in windows 10: I have a firewire device ctrlmixer/soundcard Tascam FW-1884 with drivers made for XP i think, it will not work with a modern driver. I had to install a OHCI firewire legacy driver to make it work and then install the Tascam driver in unsigned compability mode. Then it works,...
  6. Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers: I've tried: Updates are paused till 4th Feb 2020 Kept all connections as metered connections Removed old driver files using Driver Store Explorer Registry Group policy Hid sound driver using "Show or Hide updates" troubleshooter These sound driver updates are greyed...
  7. Windows Update - keeps updating HP obsolete USB (Driver?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - keeps updating HP obsolete USB (Driver?): Running W10 64bit level 1903 on Dell desktop PC. Windows Update every month at least, keeps offering me (and installing) this "update": Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00AM - 44.1.2402.1741 (15) I have never selected to install this update, but Windows Update...
  8. Keeping Drivers Updated

Keeping Drivers Updated: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I make sure that my drivers are updated to the latest version? Is there a software I can use to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 Update keeps "updating" graphics driver to older version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update keeps "updating" graphics driver to older version: I manually installed the latest Intel Graphics driver for my notebook, but Windows 10 keeps updating the driver to an older version. How can I prevent Windows 10 Update from doing this? I just want to keep the driver I manually install. Thanks. 121723
  10. Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver: Hi, I need an older version of the nvidia driver to be installed on my computer. But windows 10 keeps updating it every time even with "Never install driver software from Windows Update" checked (as the figure). Any idea to prevent this? Thanks [img] 12237

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek rtl8723be driver windows 10