Windows 10: Keeping Windows after hardware upgrades

Discus and support Keeping Windows after hardware upgrades in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I am upgrading a pc, everything is being upgraded but I'm keeping the same storage ssd with Windows 10 installed on it. If I boot from that drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Johnydazzles, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Keeping Windows after hardware upgrades

So I am upgrading a pc, everything is being upgraded but I'm keeping the same storage ssd with Windows 10 installed on it. If I boot from that drive after upgrading the other hardware will there be any problems? I want to make sure the license is still active and it works properly. I heard switching out the motherboard can cause issues but I'm not sure. I believe the Windows license is a Volume license

:)

Johnydazzles, Jun 21, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jun 21, 2020
  3. activating windows 10 after hardware upgrade

hi

trying to activate windows 10 after hardware update but it keeps saying no

i followed the troubleshooter steps but something goes wrong and it just says oops try again later...

any suggestions?

Thanks

tristonhampson, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Keeping Windows after hardware upgrades

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Keeping Windows after hardware upgrades

1. Keeping Windows after hardware upgrades - Similar Threads - Keeping hardware upgrades

2. Keep windows license after laptop hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keep windows license after laptop hardware upgrade: Hello guys, Good day! I have a laptop with Windows 10. Due to hardware issues, I need to replace my hard disk with SSD. Is it possible to keep the license? What do I need to do? As far as I know, Windows automatically activates on the same hardware even when reformated....
  3. Windows Activation after Hardware Upgrade

Windows Activation after Hardware Upgrade: Hello, so I had recently gotten some new parts for my PC Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Case but I'm still using the HDD and SSD I had in my old pc beforehand. When I booted up the new PC and waited a bit I noticed the "Activate Windows" in the bottom corner so I went to check...
  4. Activating Windows After A Hardware Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activating Windows After A Hardware Upgrade: I recently swapped out my motherboard and CPU for some well overdue upgrades. There didn't seem to be a any issues when I first started using the new hardware in the morning, but after returning from work in the evening I now have to reactivate my Windows key. I used the...
  5. Windows will not activate after hardware upgrades

Windows will not activate after hardware upgrades: I recently upgraded the hardware in my computer (motherboard, CPU, RAM). Windows will not activate now. The error code I have is, 0xC004F025 I've tried everything from this KBA, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change It...
  6. Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade

Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade: I bought Windows 8 in 2013 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade. I no longer have access to my original Windows 8 product key. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. when I tried to activate windows 10 it gives me an error code: 0x803F7001. My Windows 10 was linked...
  7. Windows Will Not Activate after a hardware upgrade

Windows Will Not Activate after a hardware upgrade: I recently changed my motherboard and my processor. Heck I changed everything except my hard drive and now windows will not activate. I've done all the steps suggested in activation of windows but it is not working. The original computer was a prebuilt, it had windows 7 on...
  8. Windows Activation after hardware upgrade

Windows Activation after hardware upgrade: We have a laptop Manufacturer: LENOVO Model: 20C600HHZA Serial Number: PF040HX3 that currently running Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586 that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. We need to replace the harddrive, is it possible to activate it again on...
  9. Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.

Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, and now my copy of Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I already followed the steps on here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change. None of the steps seemed to work, as I'm...
  10. Keeping OS installation and software after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keeping OS installation and software after hardware upgrade: My PC's motherboard and processor were bought in 2010. I currently have an i3 processor. I am planning to upgrade to i7 with a new motherboard. Is there a way that I don't have to reinstall windows and software after hardware upgrade? I am currently running Windows 10-64 bit...