Windows 10: Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?

Discus and support Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the Windows 10 upgrade queued up and ready to install on my Windows 7 machine, but I'm nervous to do so for fear that I'll lose all my storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peterj911, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Peterj911 Win User

Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?

I have the Windows 10 upgrade queued up and ready to install on my Windows 7 machine, but I'm nervous to do so for fear that I'll lose all my storage folders, contacts, and emails that are currently in my Windows Live Mail (I have two separate accounts configured). Will Windows Live Mail be available to me and function as it does today after I run the upgrade? Or will it disappear and I'll lose everything? Is there a not-too-complicated way to transfer it all over to something new if WLM is not available? I've looked through threads and can't find the answer I'm looking for, and I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks for the assist!

:)

Peterj911, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Jmarco0921, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Window Live Mail

Hi,

We'd like to clarify, are you using a Windows Live Mail application or are you using mail.live.com.

Windows Live Mail application will consume your local storage, while online Windows Live Mail storage are limited to the space allocated by the server.

Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 5, 2015
  4. pennine56 Win User

Hi

I was concerned about the same thing and made a full system image in case I lost the Mail data. But having now completed Win 7 to Win 10, on my PC at least it has retained every last nut and bolt that had on Win 7. All the Mail accounts, folders created within etc. Also progs in folders not part of the Progs folders. All icons on desktop etc. I don't use the address book but hopefully it would retain that as well.

David

pennine56, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    That is key to doing an upgrade. I would never do an upgrade without a full image backup.

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Peterj911 Win User
    Thanks for the help. At the risk of sounding like a Luddite, what is the best way to accomplish a full image backup? I am somewhat computer literate but usually leave things like that to the pros.

Peterj911, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Buy an external USB 3.0 Hard Drive ($50 to$60 on Amazon Prime).
    Use Macrium Reflect Free to create the backup image.

Good tutorial here on how to use Macrium: Imaging with free Macrium

Written for Windows 7 but applies to Windows 8.1 too.

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Probe Win User

I just bought a 8GB 3.0 Kingston DataTraveler, brand new in the package thumb drive for $4.75 and that included FREE shipping, on eBay that Im going to use for that very purpose.

Probe, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Not going to fit on a 8G B flash drive. You really need an external USB 3.0 hard drive.

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Bread1Ks Win User
    Right now you can purchase a flash as large as your SSD drive. But the cheap way out is to use Sata hard drive min. 500 Gb. I like to use adapter which I can attach to hard drive and USB port (I need to update by adapter because of updated hardware to USB 3.) also included in the adapter is power supply for the drive(brick with 5/12 volts). Cost about $15 to $20 thru Ebay or Amazon, works great as DVD player for laptop without a DVD player.

Bread1Ks, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Keeping Live Mail

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: I have set the default font in my Windows Live Mail settings but when I click to start a new message it doesn't go to the default setting I chose. I go back to the settings and it shows the default font I chose. This has only started happening recently so I don't know what...
  3. Window 10 Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Live Mail: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and considering using Windows 10 Live Mail as email client. I setup a Live Mail account and my email inbox from internet provider email account came across just fine but I could not find anywhere to close the Reading Pane. Does Live Mail's...
  4. Windows 10 live mail

Windows 10 live mail: Hi, I have lost all my sub folders on my windows live(running Windows 10 home). How do I retrieve these folders as I have very important documents saved on these folders....
  5. windows 10 live mail

windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  6. windows 10 Live mail

windows 10 Live mail: There is Live mail in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/331c696b-f964-487c-875a-c8371bc480da
  7. Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing: Over the last few days Windows Live Mail keeps crashing when trying to send emails. Receiving emails is ok. I have used Event Viewer and uploaded the image below. Any help greatly appreciated. [img] 46414
  8. Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail on Windows 10: Windows Live Mail been OK, until a few days ago, when I press receive mail it downloads mail but the continues downloading emails, currently saying it's downloaded 270,349 & counting adding circa 5 per second!! although these don't appear in my inbox (luckily), what's...
  9. Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login: just upgraded my mother's Dell Windows 7 Home 64 Bit PC to Windows 10 64 Bit Home. I'd already done this with my own system (exactly the same except mine's a home built computer) without any issues. Everything went fine on hers except for two a couple of issues one being...
  10. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows live worth keeping for windows 10