Windows 10: Keeps downloading the same driver

Discus and support Keeps downloading the same driver in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Every time I check for updates (I've disabled automatic updates in Group Policy) it downloads and installs this driver "Conexant - MEDIA 7/3/2018"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by doveman, Oct 9, 2018.

1. doveman Win User

Keeps downloading the same driver

Every time I check for updates (I've disabled automatic updates in Group Policy) it downloads and installs this driver "Conexant - MEDIA 7/3/2018" which seems to be for the laptop's soundcard.

How can I fix this?

:)

doveman, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Keeps downloading the same driver

Canon PowerShot Camera Driver will not download

Hi,

There are some security settings on your browser that might cause to a failed download. For us to identify the root cause of this issue, we would like to know these questions:

• Which browser are you using to download the driver from Canon's support website?
    • Have you encountered any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you get the downloaded driver from your other laptop and save it to a USB flash drive. After that, plug in the USB flash drive to your laptop that's having an issue. Then, try to install the driver to your laptop.

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Keeps downloading the same driver

1. Keeps downloading the same driver - Similar Threads - Keeps downloading same

2. Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update: Hello,Windows update shows same update downloading and installing when clicking checking for updates.The update that keeps coming up: 2023-10 Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057.Any ideas on clearing this?...
  3. Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update: Hello,Windows update shows same update downloading and installing when clicking checking for updates.The update that keeps coming up: 2023-10 Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057.Any ideas on clearing this?...
  4. Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day: I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I...
  5. windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day: I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I...
  6. I keep downloading drivers to make earphones work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep downloading drivers to make earphones work: I cannot use my earphones on the PC because I need to download drivers all the time! I download the drivers and my earphones are working but after unplugging I have to download them again to make earphones work...
  7. Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader": For the past week Defender has been going off for a TrojanDownloader:O97M/Donoff or TrojanDownloader:O97M/Dornoe.C!ams. I'm not sure how to stop this happening, I don't download random email attachments or anything like that but the description of it seems to suggest that's...
  8. same download 6 times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    same download 6 times: [img] I checked my d/l on windows 10 and I had 6 successful downloads all were the same as you know the d/l on windows 10 is auto did anyone else have this 29805
  9. Update Section downloading two same drivers (Screenshot)

Update Section downloading two same drivers (Screenshot): Since the launch of Windows 10, the update section has been the bone of contention. I am facing a weird issue regarding updates. As depicted in the screenshot, the automatic updates are downloading two same drivers at the same time, one is older and other is newer. Even when...
  10. Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers

Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers: Hello all. Not sure what the deal is, but Win10 keeps automatically downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers and software, even though I don't have any NVIDIA hardware. The proper Microsoft graphics drivers are installed. I did google this and tried to "hide" these updates...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Conexant - MEDIA - 7/3/2018 12:00:00 AM - 8.65.262.0

2. conexant media 8.65.262.0

3. Conexant - MEDIA - 7/3/2018

4. Conexant - MEDIA - 7/3/2018 12:00:00 AM - 8.65.262.0 - Error 0x80070002,
  5. 8.65.262.0,
  6. conexant - media - 7/3/2018 12:00:00 am - 8.65.262.0 - エラー 0x80070002,
  7. conexant - media - 7/3/2018 12:00:00 am - 8.65.262.0 - error 0x80248007,
  8. Conexant - MEDIA - 7/3/2018 12:00:00 AM - 8.65.262.0 - cannot install,
  9. hide update windows 10 conexant 8.65.262.0 ,
  10. conexant media 7/3/2018 8.65.262.0,
  11. conexant - media - 7/3/2018 12:00:00 am - 8.65.262.0 download,