Windows 10: keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep

Discus and support keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, for a couple of days now, It seems every time when my laptop goes to sleep (manually or automatic), I'm no longer able to login to my pc as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gorsken, Oct 26, 2016.

1. gorsken Win User

keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep

Hi,

for a couple of days now, It seems every time when my laptop goes to sleep (manually or automatic), I'm no longer able to login to my pc as it always returns to the lock screen. I can do this 5 times in a row and nothing changes. even if I use pin or password to login again.
    I've removed all of the software I installed lately but I haven't made any recovery points so I'm able to go back in time before I had this issue.
    The only way I can resolve this is by completely shutting down the pc (restart does not help either)

Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm intending to reimage my pc if there is no other way around this

many thanks for your help
    kind regards

:)

gorsken, Oct 26, 2016
  2. Scott 98 Win User

default windows lock screen failed windows 10 error id 5973

since I upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 my lock screen keeps failing after sleep mode, windows default lock screen failed error id 5973, if you manually lock the system it works OK, it only creates error after sleep mode, this was not a problem with
    Windows 7 only since upgrade to Windows 10 and only after sleep mode, if you manually sleep system lock screen fails generates error but manually lock system no error ? any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

Scott 98, Oct 26, 2016
  3. KimmieD Win User
    Laptop will not shut down after Windows 10 update.

Its still not waking up every time. I have now turned sleep completely off and make sure I lock my screen before closing my lid, and this has worked so far. I was sitting with my lid open today while on the lock screen, and suddenly the screen went
    black and pc went to sleep! I figured out then that closing the lid has nothing to do with it, which is why I turned sleep completely off.

KimmieD, Oct 26, 2016
Thema:

keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep

1. keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep - Similar Threads - keeps looping Lock

2. Sleep mode locks the screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  3. Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep: hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago. With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am...
  4. My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen.: My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen while I'm doing something. I don't know what to do. I don't have a screen saver or anything but it just keeps doing it....
  5. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  6. Lock Screen keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen keeps changing: My lock screen has been showing random photos of strangers. Whenever I select one of my own photos it always changes to some randomized photo from the internet. It's currently on the "Photo" Settings, but isn't the changing picture lock screen thing only for Windows...
  7. Lock screen keeps changing.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen keeps changing.: Every so often when I log onto my PC I see that the lock screen background keeps changing. I originally set it to "Windows Spotlight" but it shows me pictures of artists from Groove Music....
  8. Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.

Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.: Hi After last update (anniversary) I can't log into system. I have PIN authorisation set up and after last reboot after update I typed proper PIN - then screen just blink and lock screen show up again. No matter if I type PIN or password is the same issue. Of corse I...
  9. Bypass lock screen after sleep

Bypass lock screen after sleep: New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep. Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds. Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box Power Options: there are no references to...
  10. no sleep option in lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    no sleep option in lock screen: sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option. i recently had to reinstall windows 10 (home), and since i've reinstalled, i've lost my sleep option from the lock screen. i can...