Windows 10: keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep

Discus and support keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, for a couple of days now, It seems every time when my laptop goes to sleep (manually or automatic), I'm no longer able to login to my pc as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gorsken, Oct 26, 2016.

1. gorsken Win User

keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep

Hi,

for a couple of days now, It seems every time when my laptop goes to sleep (manually or automatic), I'm no longer able to login to my pc as it always returns to the lock screen. I can do this 5 times in a row and nothing changes. even if I use pin or password to login again.
    I've removed all of the software I installed lately but I haven't made any recovery points so I'm able to go back in time before I had this issue.
    The only way I can resolve this is by completely shutting down the pc (restart does not help either)

Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm intending to reimage my pc if there is no other way around this

many thanks for your help
    kind regards

:)

gorsken, Oct 26, 2016
  2. Scott 98 Win User

default windows lock screen failed windows 10 error id 5973

since I upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 my lock screen keeps failing after sleep mode, windows default lock screen failed error id 5973, if you manually lock the system it works OK, it only creates error after sleep mode, this was not a problem with
    Windows 7 only since upgrade to Windows 10 and only after sleep mode, if you manually sleep system lock screen fails generates error but manually lock system no error ? any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

Scott 98, Oct 26, 2016
  3. KimmieD Win User
    Laptop will not shut down after Windows 10 update.

Its still not waking up every time. I have now turned sleep completely off and make sure I lock my screen before closing my lid, and this has worked so far. I was sitting with my lid open today while on the lock screen, and suddenly the screen went
    black and pc went to sleep! I figured out then that closing the lid has nothing to do with it, which is why I turned sleep completely off.

KimmieD, Oct 26, 2016
Thema:

keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep

1. keeps looping to Lock screen after PC went to sleep - Similar Threads - keeps looping Lock

2. after update pc keeps sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after update pc keeps sleeping: i updated windows 11 last night before going to bed. i got up and checked it and it now keeps going to sleep even though i have every thing set to never go to sleep. very frustrating and i can't find a solution online...
  3. after update pc keeps sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after update pc keeps sleeping: i updated windows 11 last night before going to bed. i got up and checked it and it now keeps going to sleep even though i have every thing set to never go to sleep. very frustrating and i can't find a solution online...
  4. Lock Screen loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen loop: When I go and unlock my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 120S-14IAP it says: “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again”. When I press “Set up my PIN” it goes back to the Lock Screen and I’m stuck in that loop. I tried to fix it by not deleting my...
  5. Lock Screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen loop: When I go and unlock my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 120S-14IAP it says: “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again”. When I press “Set up my PIN” it goes back to the Lock Screen and I’m stuck in that loop. I tried to fix it by not deleting my...
  6. Lock Screen loop

7. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  8. Lock screen/Sleep

Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  9. pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.

pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.: Hi all, I've recently built a pc, initially everything was fine transferred my files from my previous pc, added my preferred wall paper to the personalisation tab, added it to the lock screen and every thing was great. However, recently when i am heading off to bed and leave...
  10. Bypass lock screen after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass lock screen after sleep: New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep. Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds. Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box Power Options: there are no references to...