Windows 10: Keeps restarting

Discus and support Keeps restarting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP Pavillion keeps restarting after I had rebooted it. It has the HP loading screen, then goes to download windows. Then it shuts down abruptly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaheenCQ, Nov 28, 2020.

1. MaheenCQ Win User

Keeps restarting

My HP Pavillion keeps restarting after I had rebooted it. It has the HP loading screen, then goes to download windows. Then it shuts down abruptly restarts and goes back on a loop. I do not know how to fix this and I am very worried

:)

MaheenCQ, Nov 28, 2020
  2. little cat, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Keeps restarting [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Keeps restarting [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Nov 28, 2020
  4. techbuzz Win User

Keeps restarting

MBR keeps corrupting after restart

I have a machine that when restarted or allowed to go into hibernation, I receive a missing/corrupted master boot record message and Windows doesn't boot. I am able to successfully repair the MBR each time using Windows recovery console, but I'm unable to determine what keeps making it happen.

Dell Latitude E6420
    Windows 7 64bit

Steps performed so far: -besides fixing the MBR after each restart or hibernation
    -ran system file checker sfc /scannow
    -ran chkdsk
    -verified that ACHI was enabled in the bios

If I can't figure this out I will end up just reinstalling the operating system, but I worried that the issue with just reoccur later down the line. Any advice/recommendations would be much appreciated.

techbuzz, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Keeps restarting

1. Keeps restarting - Similar Threads - Keeps restarting

2. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  3. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  4. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  5. Pc keeps restarting on its own

Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  6. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.

Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  8. Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  9. Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  10. Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.

Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...