Windows 10: keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus

Discus and support keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, I am currently trying to download visual studio, but when I try to download it. it cancels and tells me a virus is detected.this is not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sebastian m2, May 28, 2023.

1. keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus

hello, I am currently trying to download visual studio, but when I try to download it. it cancels and tells me a virus is detected.this is not the first time and lately I havent been able to download anything from the internet, even though I know it's a completly safe program.I do have a VPN, and before I got it I didnt have this problem. can someone help me fix this problem?thanks in advance.

:)

sebastian m2, May 28, 2023
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

im trying to download an app but it still says after 2 days... starting download. Why?

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• What application are you trying to download?
    • Are you trying to download from a browser?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Let us know so we can help you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, May 28, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: Couldn't download - virus scan failed message when trying to download a program

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, 'Couldn't download - virus scan failed message' when trying to download a program. I'll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the program that you are trying to download?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Are you able to download any other programs?

I would suggest you to try using a different browser like Microsoft Edge and see if that helps.

If you are receiving this error while using Google Chrome, I would suggest you to refer the section
    "Virus scan failed" or "Virus detected" in the article Fix file download errors
    and see if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I would also recommend you to create a system restore point.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 28, 2023
  4. keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus

cortana saying im offline when im not

Hi Kencrampton,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I suggest you to go through the powershell command and try the steps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click on File tab and select Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside Create this task with administrative privileges.
    • Type Powershell.
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps:

Step 2.

I would recommend you to the Run the Internet connections troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the Windows search box on the taskbar.

• Click on troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Internet Connections".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 28, 2023
Thema:

keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus

1. keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus - Similar Threads - keeps saying everything

2. im trying to enter my bitlocker key but it keeps saying it is incorrect but its not! now im...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im trying to enter my bitlocker key but it keeps saying it is incorrect but its not! now im...: how to bypass bitlocker in dell tpm 2.0 security? im entering the correct bitlocker key but it says its incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-enter-my-bitlocker-key-but-it-keeps/0bb781f6-f2b2-4e0d-8cc2-dceecde850c4
  3. It says waiting for wifi while im trying to download a movie

It says waiting for wifi while im trying to download a movie: i am trying to download a movie and it says waiting for wifi i come back 10 mins later and still says that while im connected to ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-waiting-for-wifi-while-im-trying-to/ba7004ae-cadf-4754-8daa-97d36f4e2572
  4. It says waiting for wifi while im trying to download a movie

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says waiting for wifi while im trying to download a movie: i am trying to download a movie and it says waiting for wifi i come back 10 mins later and still says that while im connected to ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-waiting-for-wifi-while-im-trying-to/ba7004ae-cadf-4754-8daa-97d36f4e2572
  5. keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus: hello, I am currently trying to download visual studio, but when I try to download it. it cancels and tells me a virus is detected.this is not the first time and lately I havent been able to download anything from the internet, even though I know it's a completly safe...
  6. keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus

keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus: hello, I am currently trying to download visual studio, but when I try to download it. it cancels and tells me a virus is detected.this is not the first time and lately I havent been able to download anything from the internet, even though I know it's a completly safe...
  7. im trying to download minecraft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    im trying to download minecraft: i have resently changed over to pc and i want to download minecraft there too. i have it on xbox and i cant seem to find out how to download it on pc. i have searched it up on both the xbox store and the minecraft store. i have The ultimate gamepass and i still cant? i dont...
  8. Im trying to install this but it keeps saying this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Im trying to install this but it keeps saying this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dudepi3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idnzhg/im_trying_to_install_this_but_it_keeps_saying_this/
  9. Everything I try to download gets labeled as a virus and automatically deletes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Everything I try to download gets labeled as a virus and automatically deletes: Everything I try to download gets labeled as a virus and automatically deletes. Trying to download shipping labels from the USPS, and it deletes them automatically....
  10. Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus: So, I don't know when this really started but it began in 2020 I think. Whenever I download a file from the internet whether its custom content for my games or images my laptop windows defender scans and automatically says everything is a virus and deletes it. I purchased a...