Windows 10: Keeps Shutting Down

Discus and support Keeps Shutting Down in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Raymond Theard, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Keeps Shutting Down

Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it:
    REGEDIT

Windows Defenders Scans

Antivirus Scans (McAfee)

and Microsoft Safety Scanner

None of them have founds anything in the system.

How can I fix this problem?

:)

Raymond Theard, Feb 28, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Feb 28, 2019
  3. edge keeps shutting down

Hi Darrell,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if the Edge works fine:

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the
                Connections
                tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Method 3:

Follow the below steps:

•Open PowerShell as administrator.

•Run the command

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Keeps Shutting Down

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Keeps Shutting Down

1. Keeps Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Keeps Shutting Down

2. Tablet Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Keeps Shutting Down: This just started a few days ago. I have this Windows 8.1 tablet, 32 bit Intel processor, 2G RAM, 64G disk with 93MB free space. It just started shutting down. As I power up, after a typical boot time and as the screens start to settle down, the screen will go blank except...
  3. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  4. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  5. Computer keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down: Hi, My computer keeps shutting down every few days while I am working. This has never happened before. Is there any way to stop this from re-occuring and losing documents I am working on. Thanks...
  6. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps shutting down: For some reason lately, everytime I put my pc into rest mode and after like a few minutes of it being in sleep mode, it just turns off for some reason. It has never done this before and I didn’t touch anything in my pc or bios. Anyone know what to do? submitted by /u/ent1pe...
  7. Computer keeps shutting down.

Computer keeps shutting down.: I've had this computer for about a year and a half, it has random shutdowns and I've been unable to identify the source of the problem: Operating System: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-P Memory: 32 GB [8 GB...
  8. Printer keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer keeps shutting down: I can't find where to keep it on. It keeps turning off. I go to print from my iPad and find the printer is off. Very frustrating. I would like it to stay on....
  9. windows keeps shutting down

windows keeps shutting down: I will be right in the middle of reading some news or something and all of a sudden I get a screen that says Microsoft has encountered a problem and will have to restart. My screen goes black but it never restarts on its own. I have to manually power off and wait 30 seconds...
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...