Windows 10: Keeps trying to boot from USB

Discus and support Keeps trying to boot from USB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Am trying to use the Windows Backup app to backup my files. I have my files backed up to an external SSD through a USB. When I boot my computer, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LighthopeEF, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Keeps trying to boot from USB

Am trying to use the Windows Backup app to backup my files.

I have my files backed up to an external SSD through a USB.

When I boot my computer, it keeps trying to boot from the USB drive, saying something along the lines of "Starting Windows Recovery" or something like that.

I have the boot priority as Windows Boot Manager first. USB is third on the list.

How do I keep my external drive attached for automatic backups but keep it from trying to boot from the thing?

:)

LighthopeEF, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 4, 2020
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Keeps trying to boot from USB

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Keeps trying to boot from USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Keeps trying to boot from USB

1. Keeps trying to boot from USB - Similar Threads - Keeps trying boot

2. Booting problem when trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting problem when trying to boot from USB: Hello!My friend and i have been trying for a couple of days to upgrade this old pc with Windows XP Professional edition, to Windows 10.When we boot from the USB, a black screen with a cursor appears. A couple of minutes 5-15 anywhere in between go by, and the pc restarts...
  3. Booting problem when trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting problem when trying to boot from USB: Hello!My friend and i have been trying for a couple of days to upgrade this old pc with Windows XP Professional edition, to Windows 10.When we boot from the USB, a black screen with a cursor appears. A couple of minutes 5-15 anywhere in between go by, and the pc restarts...
  4. Boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot from USB: Hi All, I was flowing a thread from DaveM121 in regards to booting from USB, every step worked until I got to a certain point, does anyone know how I can contact DaveM121 for help? The thread was excatly what I needed help with so I’m sure he will be able to supoort me...
  5. Infinite boot loop when trying to boot from usb

Infinite boot loop when trying to boot from usb: So i have a Lenovo whatever laptop and i want to do a clean os install. I entered the BIOS and made this **** piece of **** to boot from usb, but once the windows logo appears it reboots itself. I've tried both Legacy and UEFI boot options also i was trying to disable secure...
  6. Booting From USB

Booting From USB: Hi there, i have a Lenovo Ideapad that i need to factory reset. I don't want any of the files or personal things that are on there, i try to reset and i don't have enough free storage to reset. Apparently i need an extra 3.32GB to reset. Anyway i was told to reinstall windows...
  7. I'm trying to boot Windows10 from a USB and after restarting and choosing USB as boot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm trying to boot Windows10 from a USB and after restarting and choosing USB as boot...: I tried to reburn the iso on the flash drive btw submitted by /u/Meligy16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijpvjw/im_trying_to_boot_windows10_from_a_usb_and_after/
  8. Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.: Hi, so I picked up a Dell Dimension 5150 from a friend because he didn’t use it anymore and I found that it had no OS installed. So I tried using a USB to boot Windows 10 onto it and its stuck in a booting loop and won’t go any further. Any tips or things i’m doing wrong?...
  9. Windows 10 Tries to Boot from USB Devices

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Tries to Boot from USB Devices: Hello everyone. Despite my boot order set to Windows Secure Boot (USB last) and UEFI, when I turn my computer on it hangs at loading until I disconnect all USB external devices. When the computer tries to go to sleep mode, the screen goes black and I can hear the computer...
  10. So I tried to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    So I tried to boot from USB: I saw a tutorial to boot from USB, and installed the code on the USB. The issue is with the next step. I changed the UEFI settings and turned off secure boot, turned on boot from legacy ROM, and then turned on legacy boot mode. I got into a Linux console saying that I was...