Windows 10: Kep taskbar down when resizing a window at bottom edge of screen?

Discus and support Kep taskbar down when resizing a window at bottom edge of screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to resize a window by moving my mouse to its lower edge. When I try to do this, the taskbar (set to autohide) comes up and gets in the way. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Aug 12, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Kep taskbar down when resizing a window at bottom edge of screen?

I need to resize a window by moving my mouse to its lower edge. When I try to do this, the taskbar (set to autohide) comes up and gets in the way. Is there a means to suppress the taskbar temporarily for this operation?

:)

THX1138, Aug 12, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Windows 10 taskbar covers and overlaps windows

When that happens here I generally will grab the top edge of the title bar and resize it downward, then move the window upwards or wherever so the bottom of the window then isn't under the taskbar. Move and resize where ever you want - Quick n Simple.

'Mike P, Aug 12, 2017
  3. Issue with browser

put mouse pointer in middle of green area, hold left mouse button down and move up to top. do not go too far as it will lock to full windows mode, not full screen mode, there is a difference. and then when you unlock full window mode, it will be right back
    as in your photo.

then go to bottom of browser, put mouse cursor half on and half off bottom edge, hold left button down and drag to resize to top of taskbar

seahawks65, Aug 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Not that I know of offhand.. but the question has been asked a good number of times over the years - these are for Win 7 mostly- if you search for Win 8 or Win 10 you may have more recent answers:
    Add delay to auto-hide taskbar - Microsoft Community

Add a delay time to Taskbar autohide? - Windows 7 Help Forums

https://www.eightforums.com/customization/44638-add-delay-hidden-taskbar.html

I can also suggest a way to do that e.g. with ALT + right mouse key (or other combinations) which avoids approaching the bottom edge of the window entirely.

dalchina, Aug 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Kep taskbar down when resizing a window at bottom edge of screen? - Similar Threads - Kep taskbar down

2. Taskbar fixed at bottom of screen is ridiculous.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar fixed at bottom of screen is ridiculous.: I just bought 2 laptops with Windows 11. I do not understand why the task bar cannot be moved from the bottom of the screen. In Windows 10, it could be top/ bottom or either side. Bottom only is ridiculously inconvenient. As an example, each time I place my mouse down, the...
  3. Taskbar resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar resize: A year ago I was told that resizing the taskbar icons like on the Windows 10 isn't possible yet. It has been a year, so is it possible to change the taskbar size yet? Other than the registry edit thing....
  4. Taskbar resize

Taskbar resize: A year ago I was told that resizing the taskbar icons like on the Windows 10 isn't possible yet. It has been a year, so is it possible to change the taskbar size yet? Other than the registry edit thing....
  5. Resizing taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing taskbar: I have changed my taskbar location to the left. Then I replaced it to the bottom. But it seems big. How can I resize it? I have applied the arrow pointer, but it is not working....
  6. gmail in taskbar at bottom of screen

gmail in taskbar at bottom of screen: So for no reason at all, a number 1 started to appear on top of the gmail symbol in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. In the process of trying to remove it I removed the the icon completely from the taskbar. Now try I as I might I can't manage to get it back. Also I...
  7. how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen: moving taskbar from left side of screen to the bottom of screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-move-taskbar-to-the-bottom-of-screen/94b18541-814c-4334-8c99-15fafe72f075
  8. How to move taskbar back down to bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to move taskbar back down to bottom: I accidentally hit some key or something, and the taskbar that was sitting happily at the bottom of the screen shifted to the middle of the screen, leaving the bottom of the screen totally black and blank. I do not want to have to move it to the left or top or right but want...
  9. Taskbar won't show when I mouse to bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't show when I mouse to bottom of screen: This started after I installed the Creator update two days ago. It was working fine before. I want the taskbar to show when I mouse down to the bottom of the screen. Since the update it will only show when there are no other windows open and disappear when I move the mouse...
  10. taskbar resize

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar resize: hi I resize the task bar to large, cant remember how to change it back 23934