Windows 10: Kerberos Pre-Authentication error

Discus and support Kerberos Pre-Authentication error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 domain joined machine that keeps throwing up Kerberos pre-authentication every 20 minutes. It is a Surface Pro machine, I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Patrick Spann, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Kerberos Pre-Authentication error

I have a Windows 10 domain joined machine that keeps throwing up Kerberos pre-authentication every 20 minutes. It is a Surface Pro machine, I tried to clear Windows cashed credentials, then I scanned the computer. I managed to disable pre-authentication for the user via the AD. But I wouldn’t like to use this as a resolution as I think there is a security risk

:)

Patrick Spann, Jan 7, 2019

2. Error Kerberos Pre-Authentication failed on Windows 10 Domain computer

Afternoon,

We are having issues with a Windows 10 domain joined machine throwing up Kerberos pre-authentication failures every 15 mins or so, so after a few instances this causes the account to become locked out (the source IP of each event is the device itself)

The user's machine is a Surface Pro, we have tried clearing Windows cached credentials, resetting profile, had a scan of the machine and can't see any mapped drives etc which may be causing the issue.

I have partially got around this by disabling pre-authentication for the user via the AD, although not comfortable using this as a resolution as i'm guessing this is a slight security risk.

***Modified title from: Windows 10 Kerberos pre-authentication failed***

AdamRamsey91, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error Kerberos Pre-Authentication failed on Windows 10 Domain computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you have mentioned that you are facing this issue with a specific user account, I suggest you to login with the same user account on any other computer connected to the same Domain and check if you get the same error.

You can also refer the article
    4771(F): Kerberos pre-authentication failed
    for additional information on this error message.

However, since the computer is joined to a domain network, you can post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on issues with Domain computers.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 7, 2019
  4. DonTolson Win User

Kerberos Pre-Authentication error

is kerberos authentication supported?

I don't think Kerberos is supported. The Wi-Fi authentication support in most WP7 phones is limited to:

[*]WEP
    [*]WPA
    [*]WPA-Enterprise
    [*]WPA2-Personal

DonTolson, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Kerberos Pre-Authentication error

1. Kerberos Pre-Authentication error - Similar Threads - Kerberos Pre Authentication

2. Protected Users and Kerberos Authentication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protected Users and Kerberos Authentication: We added service accounts to protected users group and when users try to login to the server, they are getting the following error. So, I tried to ahead and create a GPO as per not allowing NTLM authentication and allowing only Kerberos authentication and denying users if...
  3. Protected Users and Kerberos Authentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protected Users and Kerberos Authentication: We added service accounts to protected users group and when users try to login to the server, they are getting the following error. So, I tried to ahead and create a GPO as per not allowing NTLM authentication and allowing only Kerberos authentication and denying users if...
  4. Kerberos pre-authentication failed.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Kerberos pre-authentication failed.: Kerberos pre-authentication failed.Account Information: Security ID: NIACL\33338 Account Name: 33338Service Information: Service Name: krbtgt/NIACL.CO.INNetwork Information: Client Address: ::ffff:10.54.1.188 Client Port: 50207Additional Information: Ticket Options:...
  5. Kerberos pre-authentication failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kerberos pre-authentication failed.: Kerberos pre-authentication failed.Account Information: Security ID: NIACL\33338 Account Name: 33338Service Information: Service Name: krbtgt/NIACL.CO.INNetwork Information: Client Address: ::ffff:10.54.1.188 Client Port: 50207Additional Information: Ticket Options:...
  6. Kerberos pre-authentication failed.

7. Multiple failed login request Kerberos pre-authentication failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple failed login request Kerberos pre-authentication failed.: Event ID: 4771 Log Name: SecuritySource: Microsoft-Windows-Security-AuditingDate: 16-02-2023 14:37:05Event ID: 4771Task Category: Kerberos Authentication ServiceLevel: InformationKeywords: Audit FailureUser: N/AComputer:...
  8. Multiple failed login request Kerberos pre-authentication failed.

Multiple failed login request Kerberos pre-authentication failed.: Event ID: 4771 Log Name: SecuritySource: Microsoft-Windows-Security-AuditingDate: 16-02-2023 14:37:05Event ID: 4771Task Category: Kerberos Authentication ServiceLevel: InformationKeywords: Audit FailureUser: N/AComputer:...
  9. Error Kerberos Pre-Authentication failed on Windows 10 Domain computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Kerberos Pre-Authentication failed on Windows 10 Domain computer: Afternoon, We are having issues with a Windows 10 domain joined machine throwing up Kerberos pre-authentication failures every 15 mins or so, so after a few instances this causes the account to become locked out (the source IP of each event is the device itself) The...
  10. Windows 10 Kerberos pre-authentication failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Kerberos pre-authentication failed: Afternoon, We are having issues with a Windows 10 domain joined machine throwing up Kerberos pre-authentication failures every 15 mins or so, so after a few instances this causes the account to become locked out (the source IP of each event is the device itself) The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kerberos pre authentication failed vm-ware player