Windows 10: kernal Power Issue

Discus and support kernal Power Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Critical 12/25/2019 11:37:18 AM Kernel-Power 4163 Can someone tell me what this means? This happens frequently on my machine. Here is the event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Beaver4089, Dec 31, 2019.

1. kernal Power Issue

Critical 12/25/2019 11:37:18 AM Kernel-Power 4163

Can someone tell me what this means? This happens frequently on my machine.

Here is the event description:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

-<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2019-12-25T16:37:18.353389000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>7308</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-NHSAJ28</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">6</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">3221225684</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">16</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">4</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Beaver4089, Dec 31, 2019

2. how to remove kernal power

how to remove kernal power

theresa_906, Jan 6, 2020
  3. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

kernal Power Issue

Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

kernal Power Issue

1. kernal Power Issue - Similar Threads - kernal Power Issue

2. Kernal Power Issues with i9/DDR5, BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernal Power Issues with i9/DDR5, BSOD: I have just upgraded my PC to i9 and DDR5. I was constantly getting the blue screen with Memory Management error. In event viewer log the error was Kernal Power 41.I also just purchased a new laptop with i9 and DDR5 with the exact same problem. Looking online there seems to...
  3. Kernal Power Issues with i9/DDR5, BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernal Power Issues with i9/DDR5, BSOD: I have just upgraded my PC to i9 and DDR5. I was constantly getting the blue screen with Memory Management error. In event viewer log the error was Kernal Power 41.I also just purchased a new laptop with i9 and DDR5 with the exact same problem. Looking online there seems to...
  4. Kernal-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernal-Power: I have been getting this error for a couple days after I installed a HDD drive and I took it back out but still is having this issue, I believe there are more errors as well and will link the Minidump files. Please help I have absolutely no idea what to do.Log Name: System...
  5. Kernal-Power

Kernal-Power: I have been getting this error for a couple days after I installed a HDD drive and I took it back out but still is having this issue, I believe there are more errors as well and will link the Minidump files. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:...
  6. Kernal-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernal-Power: I have been getting this error for a couple days after I installed a HDD drive and I took it back out but still is having this issue, I believe there are more errors as well and will link the Minidump files. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:...
  7. kernal power error

kernal power error: good day , i have been getting this error from event viewer , i thought it was my psu , i replaced it and my pc still crashed whilst playing games , sometimes after a good few minutes or sometimes randomly , however it occurs often , i updated bios i have new 3070 palit gpu...
  8. kernal power error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernal power error: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 1/4/2022 7:21:29 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: MSI Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be...
  9. Kernal Power Restart issue

Kernal Power Restart issue: I am using windows 10 version 2004 os build 19041_450. Using Ryzen 5 3600x Processor, 16gb RAM x2= 32gb RAM. Nvme m2 1TB as primary OS Hard disk. System is restarting automatically 3-5 times in day. I have completed below steps as preliminary investigation. 1. Control...
  10. Kernal 41 power issue with blackscreen

Kernal 41 power issue with blackscreen: Getting Kernal 41 power errors with a blackscreen randomly, mainly at idle or light loads not gaming. Have tried every tip I came across from power plans to everything else and have had no luck. Computer is brand new, Ryzen 9 3900x, Rtx 2080 Super, Asrock B550 Velocita,...