Windows 10: Kernel DMA protection

Discus and support Kernel DMA protection in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello community, Need your help/advice's in 2 side. What does mean DMA and should i turn it ON? Second is which have to turn on for best performances... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Ulysses, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Ulysses Win User

Kernel DMA protection

Hello community,

Need your help/advice's in 2 side. What does mean DMA and should i turn it ON?
    Second is which have to turn on for best performances for virtualization? I am using VMware player 16.

Windows 10 x64 20H2 version.

see screenshot please

thanks in advanced.

:)

Ulysses, Feb 21, 2021
  2. par_0511 Win User

how to enable kernel dma protection

Good day! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you are looking to enable the Kernel DMA protection.

Windows 10 home does not exactly support the Hyper-V role/feature in which it can deter with this feature that you are looking to use but if you still want to check your system then you can check the steps below and hopefully this helps out with your query.

- Open the Run window and type msinfo32 and press Enter

- This should open the System Info window, check and find the Kernel DMA Protection option in the list and check if it’s on or off

- If it is on it means that your System is protected from drive by DMA attacks

- If it is off and Virtualization Enabled in Firmware has yes then it means your System does not support the protection feature

- In the event that the feature is off and the Virtualization Enabled in Firmware has no then your System supports the protection feature

Regards,

Paul R.

par_0511, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Kernel DMA protection

Hello @Ulysses,

This might help explain it => Kernel DMA Protection

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, Feb 21, 2021
  4. par_0511 Win User

Kernel DMA protection

par_0511, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Kernel DMA protection

1. Kernel DMA protection - Similar Threads - Kernel DMA protection

2. Driver Verifier DMA Violation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver Verifier DMA Violation: This BSoD error just popped out of my laptop yesterday, I realized it's been appearing more and more frequently. Is there any way to fix this? All my drivers are updated and I already tried the automatic repairs. (I'm fine with deleting all my files, is it possible fix this...
  3. Blue screen loop DMA Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen loop DMA Violation: Hi, I tried resetting my computer, removing personal files, updating my drivers and installing and unistalling updates but nothing has worked. I am stuck in a loop thats getting worse everyday, right now my computer turns back on for 5-10 mins. PLEASE HELP Thank you...
  4. how to enable kernel dma protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to enable kernel dma protection: how to enable kernel DMA protection in windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-kernel-dma-protection/e230d79c-c719-43a0-90a0-ca5392ccd37b
  5. Microsoft introduces Kernel Data Protection to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introduces Kernel Data Protection to Windows 10: Attackers, confronted by security technologies that prevent memory corruption, like Code Integrity (CI) and Control Flow Guard (CFG), are expectedly shifting their techniques towards data corruption. Attackers use data corruption techniques to target system security policy,...
  6. Virtualization Technology In Firmware and Kernel DMA Protection for Thunderbolt

Virtualization Technology In Firmware and Kernel DMA Protection for Thunderbolt: I am wondering if the Virtualization Technology in Firmware needs to be enabled to ensure there is Kernel DMA Protection. Looking at my computers system information it shows that the Kernal DMA Protection is on but the Virtualization based security is not enabled. Is this...
  7. DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION: HI! There are times that when I open word or excel, my computer will say that my windows insider build ran into a problem. On the bottom, it shows the DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION. What is the main problem with my computer? and how can I fix it?...
  8. NEED dmaguard.admx file and dmaguard.adml file to configure KERNEL DMA...

NEED dmaguard.admx file and dmaguard.adml file to configure KERNEL DMA...: hello users and moderators . I need two files namely "dmaguard.admx" and "dmaguard.adml" to configure kernel dma protection via group policy editor in windows 10 enterprise v1803 64bit build no 17314.319 . I have searched Microsoft website and in google...
  9. DMA Devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DMA Devices?: When I go to "System Information" and expand the "Hardware Resources" tab and then click "DMA" (Direct Memory Access), the panel that lists the devices is blank, i.e. no devices are shown. Since my hdd, ssd, NIC, sound card etc. normally are supposed to use DMA, I'm not sure...
  10. BitLocker and DMA and Memory Resilience attacks?

BitLocker and DMA and Memory Resilience attacks?: I an running BitLocker with fully encrypted OS drive with TPM only authentication. I have Sleep mode disabled with a setting: Never When not using my laptop, I power OFF my system completely. My question is, am I still vulnerable to DMA attacks if I shutdown my laptop...