Windows 10: Kernel driver not copied into new windows folder when upgrade system to Windows 10 insider...

Discus and support Kernel driver not copied into new windows folder when upgrade system to Windows 10 insider... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I upgraded my system to Windows 10 insider Preview 1809 from the “Windows update”, I found my installed kernel drivers not copied into the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kanliu1, Nov 13, 2018.

1. kanliu1 Win User

Kernel driver not copied into new windows folder when upgrade system to Windows 10 insider...

When I upgraded my system to Windows 10 insider Preview 1809 from the “Windows update”, I found my installed kernel drivers not copied into the new windows system folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers, they are still in the C:\Windows.old\System32\drivers. I also cannot find the service in registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services, this means even I copy my driver file into the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers manually, the kernel service cannot work correctly.

Is it a bug of Window Upgrade? Is there some special handling for kernel driver to make it work automatically after upgrade?

By the way, the issue happened only when upgrade from “Windows update”, there is no such issue if I upgrade the system with corresponding downloaded image.

:)

kanliu1, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

from Gabe Aul today : http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

well from the sounds of it, anyone who UPGRADED to windows 10 Preview wont have to do anything as it already has your Serial win 7/8.1 key logged.

The crux of it is this:

• Do you want to continue as a Windows Insider and keep getting preview builds after 7/29?
    • Or do you want to upgrade your Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 system that has been getting Windows 10 Insider Preview builds to the 7/29 release and stop being an Insider?
    “I want to continue as a Windows Insider!” If you want to continue as a Windows Insider past 7/29 there is nothing you need to do. You’re already opted in and receiving builds in the Fast or Slow ring depending upon your selection. This is prerelease software and is activated with a prerelease key. Each individual build will expire after a time, but you’ll continue to receive new builds so by the time an older prerelease build expires you’ll have received a new one. Since we’re continuing the Windows Insider Program you’ll be able to continue receiving builds and those builds will continue to be activated under the terms of the Windows Insider Program. We provide ISOs for these builds for recovery from any significant problems, but they are still pre-release software. As part of the program we’ll upgrade Insiders to what is for all intents and purposes the same build as what other customers will get on 7/29, but that will be just another build for Insiders, and those who stay in the program will simply get the next build after as well.

“I want to opt out of the Windows Insider Program on 7/29.” If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern the offer* that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.

It is our hope that the vast majority of Windows Insiders who have been with us since we announced the program last year will continue forward, and it was in that light that we authored the blog post about upcoming changes to the program. I regret that this caused confusion about who was or was not eligible for the Windows 10 upgrade offer, but hope that this helps to clarify.

Thanks,
    g

AlienIsGOD, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Kernel driver not copied into new windows folder when upgrade system to Windows 10 insider...

i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Does this help?

How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10

Sasqui, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Kernel driver not copied into new windows folder when upgrade system to Windows 10 insider... - Similar Threads - Kernel driver copied

2. make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...: Which program has the ability to make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the folders? Maintain structure It means to create a similar structure but only have folders...
  3. make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...: Which program has the ability to make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the folders? Maintain structure It means to create a similar structure but only have folders...
  4. copy windows 10 system to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    copy windows 10 system to new computer: I have taken a backup of my old PC and have tried to restore it on to the new PC. If I do not wish the original location I am asked to define the start location. The first time I ran this I chose original location, thinking it would give me a visible copy of what I see on the...
  5. copy windows 10 system to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy windows 10 system to new computer: I have taken a backup of my old PC and have tried to restore it on to the new PC. If I do not wish the original location I am asked to define the start location. The first time I ran this I chose original location, thinking it would give me a visible copy of what I see on the...
  6. copy windows 10 system to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. in Windows 10, how to copy photos to a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    in Windows 10, how to copy photos to a new folder: In the original folder, I select the photo and click the copy option. In the new folder there is no paste option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-how-to-copy-photos-to-a-new-folder/f3ebd236-13a2-45c5-8a1a-deb2a5bb192d
  8. Kernel driver service not start after upgrade on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kernel driver service not start after upgrade on Windows 10: Hello, I have a driver package include drivers for USB device and some kernel driver services. The driver works normally on Windows 10, when I upgraded the system to latest version (say from build 1803 to 1809), I found the kernel driver services not start after upgrade if...
  9. Windows 10 laptop crashes when copying folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 laptop crashes when copying folders: Hi i have a problem with my windows 10 laptop with 64 Bit operating system with a intel I7 2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz with GB memory My problem is when i try and copy folders with MP3 files in the folder it works ok if the target is in the same currant folder as the origINAL....
  10. Folders inside Downloads folder open in new window

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders inside Downloads folder open in new window: It only happens when I open the Downloads folder from Quick Access and This PC. [img] I've already checked the Folder Option. Launch folder windows in separate process and Open each folder in its own windows both are unchecked [img] [img] and I also tried everything...