Windows 10: Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in...

Discus and support Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open my laptop lid and try to bring it out of sleep, this error seems to occur about 50% of the time. It results in a blue screen of death. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blackrabbit_767, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in...

When I open my laptop lid and try to bring it out of sleep, this error seems to occur about 50% of the time. It results in a blue screen of death. I believe that I have all the proper drivers in place. Additionally, I did a reset of windows and a memory check to try to catch the underlying issue. I think the error may be the result of overheating/clogged vents or a faulty battery, but I am not sure. My battery still holds a strong charge and seems very functional. I have never cleaned my vents or fans.

Here is what the event log said:

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 1/15/2019 12:10:38 PM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: Mitchell-PC
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-01-15T17:10:38.808289200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>625</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Mitchell-PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">4</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">9</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">1</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

blackrabbit_767, Jan 15, 2019

2. event 41

Hello,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. Having said that, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Event ID 29 followed by event ID 41

A Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated if the computer was not shut down cleanly, we recommend that you check this

link
    to know more about the Windows Kernel event ID 41 error in Windows 10.

Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in...

Event 41, Karnel - Power

Hello,

The Event 41 is used to report the unexpected shutting down of a device. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer? If yes, can you tell us the changes?

Meanwhile, we recommend following the workaround on this link. The article
    is about Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in...

1. Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in... - Similar Threads - Kernel event error

2. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: Hi,Am running a web server on Azure, and it seems to restart unexpectedly every now and then.Have run WinDbg and it produced this:******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  3. Event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first", when...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first", when...: Every time when tried to Hibernate or Sleep windows it will not Hibernate or Sleep, it will ShutDown and started on next power on. Event : The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or...
  4. Event ID 41 - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could...

Event ID 41 - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could...: I am using a HP 15-au010wm model laptop with i7-6500U Processor and Nvidia Graphics 940M. Despite running auto repair, reinstalling a clean copy of WIndows from HP Recovery, still facing issues of Bluescreen of Death with when checked under Event Viewer shows Event ID 41...
  5. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first: hello i usually make my pc shutdown with Simple Shutdown Timer because i like to listen to something while sleeping . this morning i woke up i find my pc has rebooted . its weird because it should be shutdown so i checked event viewers and find this . BugcheckCode159...
  6. Kernel-Power Error, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

Kernel-Power Error, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: Hi, PC randomly rebooted whilst playing GTA V. PC is 5 months old, specced up pretty good Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB 3200mhz, RTX 2080 Super etc <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  7. Kernel-Power Error, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

Kernel-Power Error, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: My computer keeps shutting down almost everyday after the lid has been closed and I lose all progress in any previously open application. There are settings in place that are supposed to prevent the computer from shutting down after the lid but they are not effective. Here is...
  8. Kernel-Power Error, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

Kernel-Power Error, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first: My computer is bug checking a lot when trying to wake up from hibernation or sleep. I'm getting Unexpected_Storage_Exception and other errors. The computer is a Dell G3 15 3579 (2018), Brazilian version. The only hardware change that I did was to install a HP SSD Ex920...
  9. Kernel-Power Error, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

Kernel-Power Error, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 1/05/2019 7:21:20 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords: (70368744177664),(2) User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-SMA156I Description: The...
  10. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

in Windows 10 Support
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first: ( The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first) Event ID 41. I found these errors on event viewer No BSOD NO restarting automatically I think it happens sometimes when I restart the PC. It's a fresh install Windows 10 and brand new gaming PC 57586

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly.

2. windows event to tell if an application closed cleanly